Saturday, 25 April 2015

Papertrey Ink April 2015 Blog Hop

This month's Blog Hop, over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog, is a colour challenge - pairing navy with shades of pink - and the inspiration photo is, like always, gorgeous ...


One thing that I realized pretty quickly is that I don't have very much in the way of navy coloured supplies, just Enchanted Evening cardstock and ink and that's about it. I still managed to make two cards ...



 

I finally got to play with those awesome layering stamps (and dies) for Beautiful Butterflies, and I really love them so. I foam mounted the white panel over some patterned paper that I managed to find in my stash (it was just a snippet and I have no idea where it's from).

The second card uses the Brushed Blooms set. I created my own navy patterned background paper by selectively inking up PTI's Background Basics: Herringbone stamp with Enchanted Evening ink ...


And there you have it, all done and another month gone. We're back home from Florida and I saw a few snowflakes today. Family and friends had assured us that it was safe to come back but they were wrong. It's freezing!

Supplies:

Cardstock - PTI Stamper's Select White, Rustic White, Enchanted Evening, Luxe Gold Adhesive
Stamps - PTI Beautiful Butterflies, Beautiful Butterflies Layers, Brushed Blooms, Background Basics: Herringbone; WPlus9 Fanciful Feathers
Inks - PTI Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry Sweet Blush, Enchanted Evening, New Leaf, Pinefeather, Smokey Shadow
Dies - PTI Beautiful Butterflies, Beautiful Butterflies Layers, Brushed Blooms; Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders; Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles
Other - denim patterned paper (unknown); Pretty Pink Posh sequins; other sequins

27 comments:

  1. Stunning! Both cards are stunning!
    I love how you used Beautiful Butterflies layers.
    Your split panel makes the card.
    Sorry your poor little toes have to face snowflakes!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! i love both your cards the butterflies are so pretty in the shades of pink and the flower card is a perfect summer cardHave a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both!! The butterflies in your first card are gorgeous, and I love how the one that's popped up also has a stamp underneath it. Great dimension! Your second card is also wonderful! Love the background and stitching details!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them both. You know how I love butterflies. And your Brushed Blooms card is delightful, girl. Stay warm. The sun is shining in Kansas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Diana! Think you should have stayed another month in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards! I especially love card #2's herringbone bg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! Love the butterflies, and the background on the second one is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your butterfly card! So pretty! I have some stamping time on Sunday, and am looking forward to using this set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are beautiful! Isn't that Brushed Blooms set fun to work with? These are so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully done, Diana! Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both cards! Your second one inspires me to give that selective inking technique a try. It's always looked like a mess in the past. You did a gorgeous job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diana I love these cards! First off I'm also in love with those butterfly sets - when I got the layers set all i wanted to do was make butterflies :-) and i used them on my card too - i wanna make more right now! Your butterflies are sooo pretty - love the colors you chose. But I think I'm even more in love with the 2nd card - that background treatment is just amazing. I have got to give that a try - it is just perfect with the brushed blooms

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely, Diana. Kinda favoring that herringbone bg, studying it closely, cuz I need to try and do something similar. (VERY similar!) Like I said, really liking the effect! And the blooms and butterflies are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards Diana! Those butterflies are SO pretty, and really making me re-think that I do "need" them! Your 2nd card is gorgeous too, and I really like how you did a partial background behind the die cut flowers...very striking!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diana, your cards are simply beautiful!
    I love how you used the background stamp on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful use of the color combo--really love the second one! Hope your temps warm up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty. Love the background on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are both so pretty. I especially love the butterfly card... You are making me wish that I hadn't sold my Beautiful Butterflies set! Lovely color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of your cards are very pretty. Wishing I had both of those stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, those naughty friends - they fooled you! I love both of these beautiful cards, Diana! You made some original works of art with the great color inspiration!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.