Thursday, 2 April 2015

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #207: Double Partial Die Cutting

Laura Bassen is hosting this week's Make It Monday over at Papertrey Ink, showing us the art of double partial die cutting. Her card is amazing!


I don't think that I've ever participated in a Laura challenge before. Truth be told, I find her talent very intimidating. She's so bold and clever and outgoing, everything that I'm not, and her cards and inventions are just too good. I'm sure I just have to say the words smooshing and ink blending (duh) and you immediately know what I mean.

But this week I didn't have any excuses - I actually brought both a pencil and an X-Acto knife (in lieu of a paper cutter) to FL with me!! I made this cute little note card and even did some triple (or maybe it was quadruple since I used four dies!) partial die cutting (you know somebody had to try after Laura's casual remark). But don't get all impressed or anything because I used a set of Spellbinders's nesting dies and did all the circles in one shot.

Thanks, Laura, for a great challenge and for all the videos you've made showing us how to smoosh and blend ink. It's good to try new things.

  
Supplies:

Cardstock - PTI Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist
Stamps - PTI Oopsie Daisy
Ink - PTI Smokey Shadow, Ocean Tides, Spring Rain, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice, Lemon Tart
Dies - PTI Oopsie Daily; Spellbinder Nesting Circles and Nesting Scalloped Circles
Other - Foam tape, enamel dots

12 comments:

  1. I'd say you definitely went above and beyond Laura's technique, and it turned out beautiful! LOVE this CAS card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late! I already am impressed! Love your ink blending and your triple or quadruple, partial die cutting!! Lol. (And try to say that 4 times, quickly!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This came out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, you did Laura proud! Great design and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card! Love your design . So CAS...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the multiple, partially cut circles - great take on Laura's technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....this is AMAZING! You can do anything! Gorgeous card Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the double partial die cutting...what?! you did three or four partial cuts - amazing! Your card is so fresh and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diana, you rocked this challenge even if you have limited supplies with you! You are my hero with your 3-4 partial cuts and awesome design. Very cleverly done!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.