Sunday, 12 April 2015

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #208: Ombré Stamping

It's Laurie Willison over at the Papertrey Ink blog, showing us how to ink up our stamps (with makeup sponges) and create ombré images. She used Life is Beautiful and made an awesome card ...


I ended up using the toe separators from my last pedicure as the sponges for my different colour inks. I just cut them up and they worked perfectly and rinsed out easily. It was still a challenge for me to ink up my stamp and risk contaminating my ink pads but I did it in the interest of trying a new technique. I had such a hard time coming up with any ideas and after a long time settled on this ...


I'm calling it my Miami Vice card :). I ended up using a little watercoloured flower and leaf that were leftover from a previous card that I had made (love when that happens!). I cut my "hugs" die from some leftover cardstock that I had previously smooshed (haven't actually used that smooshing yet). I also brushed some inks behind my little scene in the ombré frame, just to add some colour.

Supplies:

Cardstock - PTI Stamper's Select White, Rustic White; Canson XL 140 watercolour paper
Stamps - PTI Heart Squared, Big Hugs
Dies - PTI Heart Squared, Big Hugs, 2014 SAF 1940's
Inks - PTI Orange Zest, Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry, Smokey Shadow, Summer Sunrise, Hibiscus Burst, Lemon Tart, Hawaiian Shores
Other - Pretty Pink Posh sequins

10 comments:

  1. Very striking, Diana! Love it when leftovers get used up...I've got lots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Miami Vice, eh? Gorgeous card using your Florida scraps for your final Florida post! Smoochies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...I ADORE this...so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the CAS layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, what a beauty this is, Diana!
    Love how every sweet element pops against the white.

    Your writing and sense-of-humor makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.