Thursday, 7 May 2015

First Christmas Card of 2015!

I've usually made at least one Christmas card by this time, but this happens to be the first of this year. I was attracted by this week's challenge over at Merry Monday, where the challenge is to use embossing on your project, either dry or heat.

I happen to love embossing of all kinds, but most especially the dry kind. I know most people say that one of the things that first fascinated them with stamping was the magic of a heat gun melting embossing powder.  For me, it was embossing folders. I was astounded at the results that I could achieve at home with a little (Cuttlebug) machine. It looked like letterpress and classic wedding invitations and I loved it and still do. This is the card that I made ...



I realize that I'm missing something in my Christmas stash - a larger scale Christmas wreath stamp, one that can handle being the focus of a card. Would love some recommendations!

Supplies

Cardstock - PTI Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado
Stamps - PTI Wee Folk (I stamped under my die cut wreath layers with the laurel wreath in this set), Tinsel & Tags Sprigs (Make It Market)
Ink - PTI Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush
Other - Basic Grey embossing folder, PTI patterned paper, sequins

Dies - PTI Rustic Wreath, Tinsel & Tags (Make It Market); Spellbinders Nesting Circles

6 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about embossing folders, Diana! I love this wreath with the embossing behind it! So pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Love how the embossing is inside the wreath. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Cute embossing folder ;) I keep meaning to enter this challenge, and always seem too busy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, love the bright colors and your striped background! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! LOVE ALL OF THIS!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.