Monday, 18 May 2015

Frilly & Fabulous

I'm playing along at the Card Concept challenge blog today. Challenge #35 is Frilly and Fabulous. How could anyone resist the inspiration photo ...

 

... seriously, buttercream frosting and woodgrain, some of my personal favourites. I really needed to get going on a card for my son's (and DDIL's) seventh wedding anniversary which is next Sunday. We're giving them a gift certificate to one of their favourite restaurants and baby sitting for the night so I decided to make one of my standard "gift card" cards, in a Clean & Layered style.

I own several pocket dies (I have a little weakness for them), but this Taylored Expressions one is my absolute favourite for gift cards ... just love that yummy curve on it.





A close-up for you of the glitter that you can't possibly see.


And yet another bird's eye view of the stunning glitter.

Even though the human eye can't see it (in my photos anyway, ha!), after diecutting and stamping the frame I glittered it up all over using spray adhesive and Tim Holtz distress glitter. A pocket, a gift card cover, some ink smooshing and, voilà, a pretty gift card presentation, all done. And the best part is it probably only cost double the actual gift certificate.

Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Smokey Shadow card; SSS Cotton Candy card; MME Wood Necessities patterned paper
Stamps - PTI Baker's Dozen
Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow, Berry Sorbet; Tim Holtz Spun Sugar
Dies - PTI Baker's Dozen, Gift Card Greetings; Taylored Expressions Library Pocket
Other - May Arts String; Tim Holtz Distress Glitter; Copics


6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly frilly and fabulous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, this is inspiration on steroids! The splash of coral the enclosure rests on is brilliant! Then the composition, colors and technique, stunning! This is simply a gift within a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this gorgeous card/gift card presentation! I hope it would be okay to CASE your lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is utterly beautiful and such a fun and inspiring take on the photo inspiration! Vraiment, c'est incroyable...magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so perfect! I love it so much. Great job.
    Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.