Monday, 18 May 2015

Fussy Cutting

Ashley is up today over at the Papertrey Ink blog for Make It Monday #212, giving us tips on how to fussy cut stamped images. Now in my real life (because making cards for MIM challenges is not hardly my real life), I would never bother to fussy cut. I don't enjoy it, am horrid at it and much prefer to just use the Trace and Cut feature on my Silhouette. But for just this one time, I did it :)

Ashley's inspiration cards were beautiful ...


and of course her fussy cutting was impeccable. Mine not so much. I'm blaming it on having poor eyesight and shaky hands.


I tried to distract from the cutting with a shaker and background embossing, hehehe.

Supplies

Cardstock - PTI Stamper's Select White, Sweet Blush
Stamps - PTI Think Big Favorites #5, Mini Blooms
Ink - PTI Enchanted Evening, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Limeade Ice
Dies - PTI Mehndi Medallion Impression Plate, Shaker Shapes: Star

23 comments:

  1. Love your take on this challenge! I think your cutting looks wonderful! And I love the embossing in the background! Gorgeous card my dear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. I think your fussy cutting looks great. I usually don't fussy cut either cause I'm just not good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. It is so soft and sweet. Would you please make me about 6 of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic! Great idea using it over a shaker card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks wonderful and I love that two edged star! The fussy cut congrats looks amazing like your card !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really a beauty! Super star and gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out beautifully!! Terrific layout, and impeccable cutting, my dear! Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana, what a sweet shaker card!
    Great take on the MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Diana! Love the added embossing in the background...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty- I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fussy cutting looks fantastic, Diana! I love your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty card! Love the embossed bg and your fussy cutting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job of fussy cutting..remember ashleys done this before!! Keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is perfect in every way, Diana! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fussy cutting looks great to me Diana, and your card is absolutely beautiful! Love the shaker feature too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! Everything is beautiful and now you've inspired me to use the Mehndi impression plate too! Thanks for taking on the fussy cutting challenge for this week's Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, beautiful card. I love that big fussy cut Congrats. Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the background embossing & love the card! Can't see a bit of problem with your fussy cutting! to be honest, I don't enjoy it either--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My eyesight must be bad, too, because I don't see any flaws in this gorgeous congratulatory card. Love your design and different elements...now I need to add more items to my wish list, Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Diana, your card AND fussy cutting looks wonderful! Love the star shaker and the beautiful Mehndi IP
    PS: The EF I used on my card is from Sizzix called "Blossom". It is one of my faves too, purchased from the Clearance rack at Hobby Lobby on a trip a few years ago :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. BEAUTIFUL card. Just love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.