Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Graceful Greetings

This week's Make It Monday, over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog, Melissa Phillips is demonstrating, in her own lovely way, how to soften stamped images using Gelatos.

We're also "allowed" to use other colouring mediums, which I had to do since I don't own any Gelatos. A girl can't have everything, right? I tried watercolour pencils, pastels, and nothing really worked for me (all the rubbing in the world didn't change anything), so I decided to go with an inked background and then went over my stamped images lightly with a water brush.


Supplies:

Cardstock - PTI Sweet Blush; Canson Watercolour Paper
Stamps - PTI Graceful Greetings, Make It Market Mini: Wee Folk
Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow, Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse
Dies - PTI Wine Bottle Tag
Patterned Paper - PTI Shakers & Sprinkles

14 comments:

  1. Very soft and lovely. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you made an incredibly lovely and soft card, girl. Please make me about a dozen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!!
    I LOVE how you softened the look. I did a bit of a different take, myself!
    You nailed this one, Diana!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! A great way to overcome not having Gelato's but still giving beautiful results. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You still created a lovely soft background for your card Diana and I think this card is just beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and great improvising. I used chalk on mine cause so far I have not gotten gelatos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turned out really pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Diana! Love everything about this card. Wonderful design...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You captured the same softening effect here without Gelatos, Diana. Beautiful card ~ lovely flowers and great background

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made it happen! Gorgeous card, Diana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty I like the way the striped twine echoes the black of the greeting. I'm so enchanted by black and white stripes + brights lately!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, this is terrific! AND, you've given me a good idea on how to use that patterned paper! I end up with a stock pile and never know what to do with it... Love your soft flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Agree with what everyone else said, Diana! You nailed this one, and now I "need" Graceful Greetings. Seeing other mediums used, I'm not sure I'll invest in more Gelatos. I only bought a 4-pack to try them...using a coupon of course. : )

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.