Sunday, 31 May 2015

Joy to the World

I made an "international" Christmas card today. I just started playing around with some things after being inspired by two challenge sites. First, I saw this sweet number up at Muse: ChristmasVisions 4, done by this week's guest designer, Tracey McNeely ...

and then I hopped over to the Merry Monday Christmas blog where the challenge this week is to incorporate newsprint into your design ...


I was influenced by Tracey's gorgeous sky and her use of embossing paste. I might not exactly have used "newsprint" on my card, but I think my map paper might be close enough ...


I first did some ink blending for my night sky (Distress Ink Faded Jeans, PTI Hawaiian Shores and Blueberry Sky). Then I used a PTI Skyscapes die to create a stencil for my stars in that sky, which I made with embossing paste. When the paste was dry, I added a little spot of Heidi Swapp Gold Lamé Color Shine to each star. Some October Afternoon patterned paper, a mix to two different PTI Sentiments and some PTI City Scene die cuts finished up the card.

I'm also entering this into Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog where the theme this week is Anything Goes.

11 comments:

  1. How cute is this! Love your idea, and nice way to use the newsprint and love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sky, Diana! And wouldn't it be fun to be in Paris for Christmas! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Diana - such a cool design. Love the inking and the use of the map on your Parisian Christmas scene :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such fun Christmas cards. Love them both!

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic combination of these challenges - I love the use of the map with the Joy to the world sentiment! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of the map - perfect for Santa's trip! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your design and that you have an Eiffel Tower over Christmas trees--very creative. Thank you for sharing with us this week at the Muse Christmas Visions challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. both are AMAZING! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so darned cute and fits wonderfully with the challenges.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.