Saturday, 9 May 2015

Runway Inspired Challenge #83

The current challenge over at the Runway Inspired Blog is super scary - lots of black and a big floral pattern ...




I made a card earlier in the week but decided that it wasn't quite brave enough for this challenge, so I deleted my link and am back today with a new card ...


I went for a whimsical, almost "groovy" look and I really like how this card turned out. All of the flowers were embossed onto black cardstock with coloured Zing powders. I added a scallop frame and die cut word to finish things up.

My first card was very safe and stayed as far away from black as possible :) ...


I added a partial translucent embossing paste harlequin pattern to the background of the Doodlie-Do Copic coloured flowers. Some Glossy Accent highlights were also added to the florals. I think it's a pretty card (and I got to use that translucent embossing paste for the first time), but I much prefer the black one for this challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!

Supplies

Cardstock - PTI Stamper's Select White, True Black, Winter Wisteria, Simply Chartreuse
Stamps - SSS Watercolor Flowers; PTI Bold Bouquet Anniversary set, Doodlie-Do, Keep It Simple: Get Well
Inks - VersaMark; Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies - PTI Shakers & Sprinkles, Harlequin Cover Plate, Doodlie-Do, Double Ended Banners; Mama Elephant "smile"
Other - American Crafts Zing Embossing Powders (Red Glitter, Butter, Rose, Leaf); Wendy Vecchi Translucent Embossing Paste

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my....your black card is an absolute stunner! Way to go with the dramatic!!! I love your Doodlie-do card, too, especially with the translucent paste in there. Awesome cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous! The black cards is SUPER cute! Love the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both wonderful, Diana! I especially love the first one, though, wit the heat embossed flowers on the black background and the scalloped frame layered over top -- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how I love this card!! As for your fear of black, you should not fear because you nailed it!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are very pretty! But i definitely love the pop of color against black in your second card :) Thank you so much for joining us at Runway inspired Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, both cards are simply beautiful.
    BUT...oh my, that first one is a real eye-catcher!
    Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.