Monday, 25 May 2015

Stencil It!



This week over at the Simons Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog the theme is stencils, one of my favourite things. I love ink blending, misting and embossing with them. Anything, really.

I need to add some sympathy cards to my stash, never a fun thing, and came up with this little number ...



I made a stencil with a Silhouette cut file. I taped it down to my white card with some Post It tape and did some ink blending with my mini blender tool, using Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers and Shabby Shutters. I carefully lifted off my stencil and put it aside. Then I laid another, clean, stencil over my inking and added a coat of Wendy Vecchi Translucent Embossing Paste, removing the stencil as soon as I was finished applying the paste.

After it had all dried I glued my inked-up stencil back over my design, offsetting it just a smidgen to leave a trace of white lines in the cut. I stamped my sentiment (Papertrey Ink Keep It Simple: Sympathy) with PTI Smokey Shadow ink, trimmed the panel and adhered it with foam tape to my card base.

I love the way it looks a bit like a stained glass window. It was very hard to photo; I may have had to stand on my head to do it!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty sympathy card - they're often the hardest to get right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! Love the shine of the embossing paste, your picture shows it beautifully. Thanks for describing your process...I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful texture and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be trying this for sure--stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is stunning! I have a question for you, but couldn't find your email address on here. Would you mind shooting me an email? danielle@neatandtangled.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Sympathy cards are often difficult, but you nailed it. You do techniques so well.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.