Friday, 15 May 2015

Yellow and Grey

The current challenge up at the Fusion Card Challenge blog features only the most beautiful colour combo that exists, in my opinion! It's just so delicious to me that it almost hurts.


I couldn't do it justice. Is anyone else like this? Whenever I really really like something it almost scares me. It's like I have to hold back instead of going all out. Like a hoarding instinct - I don't want to use my most beautiful supplies because then they'll be gone. So instead I hide them in a box. Makes so much sense. But I digress.

I had to make two cards because two is always better. The first one is really simple but sweet, like the dress. It uses both the photo and sketch for inspiration.


I did some partial embossing with a Lifestyle Crafts folder, added that gorgeous sentiment, and then scored some lines to ground it. I matted the panel with some My Mind's Eye Metallic Necessities patterned paper, added a strip of PTI Luxe Silver Cardstock (impossible to photo) and popped a yellow butterfly on top.

The second card is a CASE, pure and simple, of this card that Amy Sheffer posted on her blog this week ...


I had been doodling around with a couple of ideas for my card and the moment I saw Amy's card  I knew her layout was just what I needed to finish it up.


Everything is PTI on this card (except for some Fresh Ink Blue Sage ink) including a few things that I've never used before, like Fresh Snow Linen Cardstock which is so lovely but so hard to photo. Forgive me the CASE, but I just wanted to own a card in this design, LOL.

4 comments:

  1. All are *lovely*. You are so talented, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Love both of your cards!
    Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FUSION.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianna! I had to stop by to say how gorgeous your card is... seriously. LOve the partial embossing, the perfect yellow for your butterfly, and that darling little heart P.P.... so deserves the spotlight...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.