Tuesday, 16 June 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch #127

I'm playing over at the CAS(E) this Sketch blog this week, and this is the sketch that's up for inspiration ...


Since I'm REALLY in a watercolouring kind of mood, I quickly came up with two cards. Both of them have similarities - here is the first one:


I lay down some quick colour, in a four-square formation, using one Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers) and three PTI reinkers (Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise and New Leaf), on some Canson XL 140 lb. watercolour paper.

Then I added a sentiment (PTI Wet Paint III) and some die cut embellishments (used Maggie Holmes Confetti dies with various PTI card colours). Next I mounted my card front to a Summer Sunrise card base. Confession time: I noticed that Betsy Veldman did several cards for PTI's June release where she had a white, stamped, card front attached to a coloured card base and I loved the look and had to recreate it. I just couldn't stop myself :)

I'll be back with my second card in a bit.

5 comments:

  1. Diana this looks amazing! I really really LOVE this artistic creative approach!
    So glad our sketch inspired you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are tres cool! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Diana, love the soft watercolor and your blooms. Nice take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this, Diana! It's so soft & pretty! Fabulous take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW... just beautiful! A fabulous interpretation of CTS #127!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.