Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Condensation Effects

This week's Make It Monday Challenge, over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog, is being hosted by Betsy Veldman, Rock Star, and she's sharing tips on how to produce a condensation effect on a card and her card is so perfect, so sweet ...


I don't own any glass or vase stamping supplies, so I decided to do condensation on flowers, using my all-time favourite set, Rosie Posie. I'm thinking that I'll have to replace my set one day, that's how used and stained my stamps are. I went for a "flowers after a spring shower" kind of effect, more than "morning dew" ...


I used a light wash of colour for my background and left the rest of the card super simple. It looks a lot like a card I made during PTI's Anniversary celebrations this year, here, but not quite as nice (I love that bouquet card that I had made!). And thank you, Misti. I think I love you.

Supplies:

Cardstock - PTI Stamper's Select White
Stamps - PTI Rosie Posie, Rosie Posie Step 2, Keep It Simple: Birthday
Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow, Sweet Blush, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, New Leaf, Pinefeather
Dies - PTI Rosie Posie
Other - Diamond Glaze

17 comments:

  1. You just "think" you love MISTI? But, gorgeous card, as usual. The background really makes those lovely roses stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Diana! Misti sure has a fan club, of which I am a member. Your dewdrops are so real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING card! But, yours always are!!!
    Perfectly stamped and rain-dropped flowers!
    Artfully arranged!
    Thank you for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just look at the soft, gorgeous colour-washed background behind those beautiful roses! (See, you ARE a wonderful watercolour-er. Hmmm...I've just in vented a new word.) Wonderful card, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous as always , Diana! Im with you on loving MISTI:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your "spring shower" card Diana! Those flowers are just gorgeous! And I know exactly what you mean about the MISTI...I especially love using it on Delightful Dahlia Additions, as I never could line that flower up with out the MISTI!! Hugs! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so soft and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh! You make ma want Rosie Posie more than I already do. :) So pretty! Do you have the magnets that go with the MISTI? I don't, I think that I need them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I love your watercolor BG. It makes a nice backdrop for your flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Diana. Those dew drops are perfect. What did we ever do without the MISTI. It is so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful card Diana and I love Misti too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card! This is my favorite flower stamp too! I hope PTI never puts this one in the vault!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is beautiful :) The stamp and your card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card with the Rosie Posie stamp set. I just recently purchased that one and it will be a favorite of mine as well. Your card is wonderful inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful effect on the Rosie Posies. Love this idea, Diana!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.