Wednesday, 24 June 2015

June 2015 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

It's time again for another Papertrey Ink Blog Hop! There is some very darling inspiration up over at Nichole Heady's blog ...


Isn't that the sweetest photo? I don't know why, these things are never explainable, but somehow I just could not get inspired by it. I know! Shocking n'est ce pas? It wasn't until late yesterday afternoon that I managed to come up with a card that I didn't hate ...



All PTI: Rustic Cream, Fresh Snow Linen, Ripe Avocado, Orange Zest card; Simply Framed, Friendly Flowers, Baker's Dozen stamps; Smokey Shadow, Ripe Avocado, Fresh Snow, Terracotta Tile ink; Tipped Top, Friendly Flowers, Baker's Dozen dies. Other: American Crafts Pow Glitter Paper; StazOn Jet Black ink; Sequins

I did come up with another card earlier in the week that I'm posting here, but I'm not really posting it, if you know what I mean. I just confessed on the PTI Forum a couple of weeks ago that I'm a recovering Prima Flower addict. For years and years I bought every flower they came out with, but I never used any of them. Just hoarded them in this huge box that's survived every purge I've done :)

For this card not only did I use one of my flowers, but I also repurposed the packaging it came in ...


Literally the only thing I did to make this card was cut a PTI Diagonal Stripes cover plate out of Smokey Shadow card and stick it on a Rustic Cream card base. In my defense, I did try to recreate that clear card sentiment layer on my own but couldn't get anything to work, despite trying multiple times. First by heat embossing on clear card ...


You can see how well this was working for me - the clear card was buckling terribly with the heat and I couldn't manage to keep stray powder from sticking everywhere - this was with Zing powder; it was way way worse with detail white powder.

Next I tried stamping with Cotton White Opaque StazOn on the clear card and it was a little better, but it's still a card that I would never actually give to anyone.


The good news is that I didn't use my MISTI with the StazOn ink. The bad news is that I might have to buy a new Keep It Simple: Thank You stamp set because that stuff stains!!

31 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely. You used your stash, YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both the cards :) i know exactly where you are coming from concerning the prima flowers hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautiful. Super take on the photo inspiration. love it.
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, had to read every word, cuz we've all been there! You managed a beauty despite the creative block. I saw the frame instantly and went with the scrolly look, too. And your 1st card is a beauty too, despite the buckled setbacks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana I love your first card! Great use of the frame with that gorgeous bloom! And I think the second one is so pretty too even with the problems from embossing on clear cardstock! And you used a prima bloom! I have a bunch hanging out in my craft room too which I am close to purging to someone who will actually use them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, Diana, both cards are simply gorgeous!
    Love how you were inspired.

    (You crack me up!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are beautiful, Diana! I am severely in love with the first card however. Admitting to having a Prima flower addiction is the first step..........;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny, Diana! Please know, you are not alone out there~we've all been craft-addicts! ;-)
    You have created a beautiful card with the scrolled frame around the lovely orange bloom!
    BTW, your first attempt card is lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word...but your card is lovely! I LOVE how you used the tip top dies. I feel so rusty with my stamping skills and I'm afraid that the design of my card reflects that.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love that first card!! Can't believe that you are not happy with it, I really think it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so fantastic. :) I love the first card and your take on the "label" and I absolutely adore your use of the Prima flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For someone who couldn’t get inspired you made two amazing cards! Oh my gosh I love your first idea , so elegant with that die! Two wonderful cards Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE both cards. The one you posted is amazing! I love the oval frame that mimics the shoe shape. I also love the second one. LOTS of hard work making that clear front panel work! USE YOUR STUFF!!!!! The flower is too pretty to sit in a box!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layering of pretty die cuts and patterns on your fist card - and I like your flower card - it might be tricky to stuff in an envelope - but it's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW....I'm really not the only one out there who has a whole container of prima flowers???? And I'm almost embarrassed now to admit that my container is one of those big clear Sterilite boxes that holds many, MANY flowers!! When I was big into Magnolia stamps, I used a few of the flowers then, but the rest are still sitting in my closet. Maybe my granddaughter will figure out a use for them someday when she gets a bit older! :0) But anyway, I love both of your cards and think they're beautiful! Happy hopping!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. TWO beautiful cards!! Amazing detail, color and the perfect bit of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! I love the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a journey! Thank you for sharing, Diana, but I have to say that I love your rejects as much as I love your entry!! As far as using the clear, I have loads of trouble with it, too!! And good job dipping into your Prima flower hoard!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of these are beautiful! Love the different elements and sparkle on the first. Love the simple elegance of the second! Fabulously done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards are perfect for this challenge. Your first card is very dramatic with lots of lovely detail. Love the multiethnic sentiments on the second one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. both cards are lovely, but the first one is my fav... love your clever and beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad that you churned out a lovely card after being uninspired also!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really love BOTH your cards! The Prima flowers are perfect for this challenge! I wasn't very inspired, either, and ran completely out of time ;(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your design is awesome, Diana, and even your Prima flower card isn't as bad as you think. You are one determined stamper going through all that work for this Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  25. And THAT'S why I have a package of Staz On that I've never opened...
    I heard about the staining! :(
    But both are gorgeous...
    love the angle you used on the 1st one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous cards - both of them! I love the angled design in the first one and that Prima Flower looks like it belongs on the second one - love it! Funny thing I was making my card today and was trying out some of my own Primas but they just didn't work on my card :(

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm glad you didn't give up on this because your card is a beauty! I love the frame around the flower and the jaunty angles. I like your other cards too and I think we're always our own toughest critics. It's just so annoying when techniques won't cooperate isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, these are both beautiful, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Haha, I was looking at beautiful Prima flowers & butterflies in a store today and resisted the urge to put about 10 sets in my basket.Your flower is gorgeous layered on the sentiments and stripes. I also love the way you framed the flower on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both are gorgeous cards but the first is my favorite! Love the simple design and how the elements are stand out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.