Sunday, 21 June 2015

Red & White Christmas

I'm playing along with two challenges this afternoon - the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge blog, where the theme this week is Red and White ...


... (isn't that beautiful? I'd love to decorate like this one year!) and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, where the theme is Don't cut, just paste!


The Design Teams and the gallery at both these blogs are just bursting with inspiration, so be sure to head on over for a looksie. This is the card that I came up with ...


I used a Silhouette cut for a stencil and Liquitex Light Modeling Paste to emboss those little buildings onto a piece of red cardstock. After it was dry, I added some Wink of Stella and Stickles to the buildings, very hard to photo, especially on this rainy afternoon. I've never had any luck applying glitter to the top of wet embossing paste. It just falls off! But I do love using a serrated knife as my palette knife with embossing paste, just for that extra bit of texture.

P.S. Ooops! Looks like I was too late for the #163 Merry Monday Challenge; the link-up had already closed. That will teach me for waiting until the last minute!

3 comments:

  1. Love your CAS card design! The red in the background really makes it pop!
    Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and so creative. Great how you used the paste!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.