Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Watercolouring Squared

I loved the sketch so much that's up this week over at the CAS(E) this Sketch! blog that I had to make a second card. Here is the sketch ...


And here is my card ...



It's quite similar to my first one, but I think it's different enough to count as a new design. I again started off with four watercoloured squares, this time painted on to Tim Holtz Distress watercolour paper. I used a Tumbled Glass Distress Stain, a Shabby Shutters Distress Ink refiller and two PTI reinkers (Summer Sunrise and New Leaf) for the squares. After my panel had dried, I die cut a PTI Scene It: Skyscape shape out of it, which I adhered to my card base. I then foam mounted the negative cut panel to my card.

Oh yes I did. I added all those little foam adhesive strips to the rays and adhered the panel BEFORE STAMPING MY SENTIMENT. A senior moment, for sure. I had to cheat and die cut a second partial panel to stamp my curved sentiment (from PTI's Life is Beautiful) on. A piece of flair finished things up nicely.

6 comments:

  1. what a fantastic interpretation of the sketch - love the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome creation! You rocked our sketch this week Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful , love the watercolor !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this, too! Another wonderful take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.