Thursday, 16 July 2015

Create Along With Us

Papetrey Ink has come up with a new challenge for the week during product releases. You can read all about it here, at Nichole Heady's Blog. I was really missing not having Make It Monday challenges during release weeks, so yay to Betsy Veldman for coming up with this idea.

I chose to CASE/lift/copy this little number from Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite blog 



I loved the boldness of this design and that gorgeous ombre dotted paper. I just received my set of 60 Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens this week, so I made my own patterned paper by roughly painting a background using three pens. After it was dried, I always use my heat gun to speed things up, I stamped a dotted background, using PTI 's Polka Dot Basics II and Fresh Snow ink. FYI, I did not paint on watercolour paper, choosing instead Canson XL Mix Media 98 lb. paper and it worked out fabulously. It's super white and while I initially thought I was just experimenting with my Zigs on it, it ended up being perfect for my final card.

Ink Colours: PTI Fresh Snow, Smokey Shadow, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel, New Leaf

I love how it turned out and it was so easy to do (with my MISTI of course). I production-line stamped some Sweet Life roses, Friendly Flower leaves and sentiment, and it was finished in a flash!

This was a really fun exercise but I absolutely cannot wait to get my new PTI goodies!

16 comments:

  1. Love how you recreated the background paper! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winner Diana! Beautifully cased...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tres chic! A gorgeous card, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhh....this is SO pretty Diana! A perfect re-creation of Dawn's card...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, WOW! What an awesome card. Your Sweet Life flowers worked great and your background is amazing
    This is a fun new challenge, right?
    Love your card
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background! Super pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS card, Diana! Your CASE of Dawn's cards is perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Diana! Besides all the perfect roses, I love the background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness this is GORGEOUS! I love the background you created with the zig markers and polka dot stamping! So lovely! Your beautiful card is a lovely and beautiful case of Dawn's inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! Your roses are so gorgeous. I had forgotten how pretty the Sweet Life roses are, especially that big one.... I'm going to have to pull it out! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your case choice & you just can't go wrong using The Sweet Life roses--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, Diana. Those Sweet Life roses are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, this is amazing. You did a fantastic job CASing this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is fabulous and I'm in awe of your background!! I just got those ZIG pens too and can't wait to play with them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.