Thursday, 9 July 2015

Custom Stamped Borders




This week's challenge, over at the Papertrey Ink blog, is to create your own custom stamped border. Laurie Willison is hosting and this is one of the very cute cards that she created ...


I found it a little bit challenging to come up with something, but I finally did this afternoon. I've been super busy with baseball and soccer and grandsons and I'm just not feeling very creative. But I'm happy with my card, and my MISTI. The Bold Bouquet Anniversary set was just made for the MISTI. I used to find it frustrating to stamp this large bouquet, because it was inevitable that towards the end of all that stamping, something would go wrong, but my favourite tool eliminates most of that stress.


The flower and stamped border are from Bold Bouquet and the sentiment is from Bitty Bouquets.

Inks used are all PTI -  Smokey Shadow, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, Raspberry Fizz.

Earlier in the week, I stamped a Nostalgic Notions card for Make It Monday, but I felt I wasn't making it much of a challenge for myself, since the scalloped die really is a border :) But I do love that border! And, for the first time ever, I stamped an entire background using Polka Dot Basics II, thanks to MISTI, of course.


After stamping the various blossoms, I embossed them with their dies, attempting to make the card front look a little bit like quilted fabric. Not sure I succeeded, but it was fun to try. If you click on the closeup, you may see it a bit better.


Inks used: PTI Smokey Shadow, Limeade Ice; Versamark; Fresh Ink Sugar; Memento New Sprout; Hero Arts Raspberry Jam; Ranger Archival Magenta Hue. Zing white opaque embossing powder was used for the Bold Bouquet Anniversary sentiment.

8 comments:

  1. Both of these cads are gorgeous. I understand why you made the second card, but I really love the first one. I love that scallop border and yes, your paper looks like a quilt!
    My mother would love it!
    Great job on the challenge!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are gorgeous, but I may like the 2nd a teensy bit more! Beautiful cards, both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful Diana ! I am making a note of this border idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done Diana! CAS and perfect in every way...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana, these are both beautiful! Love the borders on both. The flower choices and colors are wonderful! Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! Both cards are so well designed and made...I also love the MISTI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both so beautiful!!!!! Yay for the Misti!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gasp! I love your cards. The border is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.