Saturday, 25 July 2015

Papertrey Ink July Blog Hop & Sparkle and Shine

Guess what? The inspiration photo for this month's blog hop, over at Papertrey Ink, is beautiful. Isn't that a huge surprise?!!


Nichole is encouraging us to get out our butterflies and create beautiful pieces of art. I've been busy with summer things all month and haven't had much time to paper craft, but I did manage to make this one yesterday ...


... and it ended up taking me pretty much all day to do. Just couldn't seem to make a decision about anything. I was most influenced by those floral butterflies in the photo and that amazing purply colour. I coloured the background of my die cut butterfly with Copics and then stamped floral images (and embossed in some cases) from various stamp sets.

Stamps: PTI Vintage Linens, Beautiful Brushstrokes, Friendly Flowers, Keep It Simple: Just Because. Inks: PTI Pure Poppy, Plum Pudding; Versamark. Dies: PTI Life is Beautiful, Initial Thoughts; Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders. Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, True Black card; Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Metallic Collection. Other: Zing Aqua, Leaf embossing powders; SSS Detail White embossing powder; Copics B91, RV04
I didn't sleep well last night and woke up early this morning and managed to make two more cards. This next one doesn't have any butterflies on it, but it's actually the first thing I thought of when I saw the inspiration photo; I guess because of the crackled tray (?) in the photo, who knows!

Stamps: PTI Doodlie-Do, Perfect Pairings. Ink: Versafine Vintatge Sepia. Dies: PTI Building Blocks, Edgers #3. Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, Stamper's Select White; Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Metallic Collection
Even though it looks like black in the photo, it was actually stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and I love the effect with the copper metallic border. The metallic I used is from Tim Holtz' Kraft-Core Metallic Collection. I sanded a sheet of the copper coloured paper for all three of my projects today - I ended up with a soft rose gold which I really love.

The last card is more in keeping with the vintagey feel of the inspiration photo ...

Stamps: SSS Watercolor Flowers; Hero Arts Wood Background. Inks: PTI Smokey Shadow, Fresh Snow. Die: PTI Life is Beautiful. Paper: PTI Vintage Cream; Canson XL Watercolor; Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Metallic Collection; 7gypsies Lille patterned paper. Other: Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens Lilac, Mustard, Ochre, Light Gray
I wasn't really loving this one until I photo(ed) it - does that ever happen to you? I used a scrap of patterned paper from 7gypsies (ancient) and also stamped some woodgrain to fill in the design. I used a Hero Arts rubber stamp and just scribbled some Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens over the stamp and then misted it with water before stamping. I then re-stamped directly over it (I was using my MISTI, of course) with PTI Fresh Snow ink.

Phew! I used lots of supplies and had lots of fun (who needs sleep?) but now I have a big clean up to do :(

I'm also linking up the last card to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, where the theme for this week is Sparkle and Shine.




27 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. Love the 'floral' butterfly on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all your cards are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All 3 wonderful. Really love the depth on the 3rd. The colors you got on the 1st are amazing! Bold and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my...all of them are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous. That top butterfly is lovely with all of the techniques. But, they are all pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're all terrific, but I love the first one the most!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all three of your fabulous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tee hee! Great minds think alike! ;) I embossed my butterflies too. Beautiful cards...as always, Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three cards are absolutely beautiful, Diana!
    PS: Sorry you couldn't sleep, but you certainly were creative :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all 3 cards, Diana! Sure wish I could see them in person--I'll bet the shine is beautiful! I'll have to check out that Kraft Core paper... I haven't participated in the hop as I just got back from Hawaii and haven't adjusted to the time difference, yet. So tired... Wish I could create when I'm not able to sleep, like you, and produce such gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so creative and talented Diana! Wow love all three the first one is breathtaking! Love the stitched edge. You do beautiful work when you can’t sleep. Hope you are not troubled by anything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Diana! So crisp and clean...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful textures, detailing, and designing on all! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow--you made 3 stunning cards out of the same inspiration piece. They are all gorgeous. I think I am partial to the middle card. Something about the simplicity of those detailed stamps left uncolored and combined with the metallic border.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Diana...I'm sorry you couldn't sleep but it sure paid off in the creative department! All 3 cards are just lovely! I love how you stamped the different flowers on the butterfly wings in the first card, your 2nd card is just stunningly beautiful, and I love all the dimension and vintage-y goodness of the 3rd! All of them different, and all of them gorgeous!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You do well on less sleep!
    3 great cards! I really love the border on the first one. An of course Edgers are always great! Super duper!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are gorgeous! So different takes of the inspiration picture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great set of cards. I love the way you stamped a variety of images onto the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like how you stamped on the butterfly - such bright, pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, these are all so beautiful, Diana! I think the first one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh, that embossed butterfly is out of this world gorgeous! At first I thought it was designer paper! What a line up of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful, imaginative cards, Diana!! I love your doodlie-do card, so elegant with the versafine sepia ink and copper metallic border!!
    Lack of sleep...now there is a tool that is in my arsenal!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards Diana! I especially love the pretty butterflies.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Every card beautiful in it's own special way Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW...Diana, you rocked the challenge!
    Fabulous take(s) on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.