Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Watercolours With Die Cut Stencils

It's Lexi Daly hosting this week's Make It Monday, over at the Papertrey Ink blog. She's demonstrating a technique where you make a stencil with a die and then watercolour over it. Naturally she made some lovely cards, like this one ...


I also chose to use a word, my brand new Noted "hello" die that just arrived yesterday, along with the rest of my July order. I know!!! My order arrived, in Canada The Far North, yesterday!! Fastest delivery ever.


I didn't have any repositionable labels or adhesives of any kind, so it was a challenge. I first tried cutting my die from Post-It Removable Label Tape (love this for masking techniques) which didn't work at all when combined with water. I ended up using my trusty Zig 2-Way glue pen to stick down both my word and heart die cuts. It worked reasonably well, but you have to be diligent about removing any excess glue because it WILL resist your colour (ask me how I know).

Supplies:

Paper - PTI Smokey Shadow card; Canson XL watercolour paper
Stamps - Winne & Walter The Big The Bold and The Happy
Dies - PTI Noted; Lifestyle Crafts hearts; Lil Inker Stitched Rectangles
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Other - Zig Clean Colour Real Brush

14 comments:

  1. So cute and clever to do the sentiment inside the heart shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, i love this! the double stencil is a great idea. thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, you hit a home run with this one! Beautiful water colored heart, almost ombré is so pretty, and then the hello within, inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card. So clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this Diana! You were definitely thinking outside the box by putting your sentiment inside the heart...totally love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, Diana! It's flawless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love your choice of design for the MIM, Diana! You did a brilliant job with this considering you didn't have the easy adhesive products. Way to go!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab card- love the vibrant design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very smart looking card. great job with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo very sweet! Love the hello inside the heart design, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did it and it looks amazing! I went ahead and ordered the labels . I love the simple design of this card and the heart looks wonderful Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CAS cards that just make my heart so happy and smiling from ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.