Friday, 28 August 2015

Kissing with Die Cuts

This week, for Make it Monday #221, over at the Papertrey Ink blog, Betsy Veldman is showing us a technique that she accidentally came up with during this month's PTI product release week. She's calling it Die Cut Kissing and you simply have to check it out! Look at just one of the beauties that she made ...


She instructed us that it was better to use a solid image stamp for this technique. I was going to use my new Brushed Off set but then I ended up not having very much time to play around, what with the littles being around every.single.day this week except for today, so I went with the more familiar and used one of the solid images in Beautiful Butterflies.


You can click on the photo to see more details if you wish ...

I kissed my inked stamp against a Parisian Lace Doily die cut which I just happened to have in the pocket with the die. This technique didn't really work fabulously for me. The details of the die cut did not show up well on the stamped images, but, for once, I got a bit lucky. The old spare die cut that I used was actually cut from some cheap line-textured cardstock and THAT happens to show up pretty well on the butterflies. And since I'm short on time this week, I'm going with it :)

Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White card
Stamps - PTI Beautiful Butterflies
Inks - PTI Summer Sunrise, Smokey Shadow
Dies - PTI Parisian Lace Doily
Other - The Twinery twine

1 comment:

  1. Diana, this is really pretty. I am glad you chose those butterflies.
    They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.