Thursday, 20 August 2015

Masking Sentiments

Ashley is up at the Papertrey Ink blog this week for Make It Monday, showing us how to make our sentiments really pop on cards by masking them. It's a technique that works especially well on one layer cards, and she made a beauty


I made two cards this week, one  floral (insert shocked face) and one masculine (I made myself do it even though it was really hard). And please note the rounded corners on that one (insert another shocked face).

All PTI: Fresh Snow Linen, Spring Moss card; Beautiful Brushstrokes, Cutting Garden, Mini Blooms stamps; Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel, Limeade Ice, Spring Moss, Smokey Shadow inks.
All PTI: Rustic White card; Zappy Birthday stamps; Harvest Gold, Blueberry Sky, Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow inks.
I used some Post-It Removable Labeling Tape #695 (it's a huge roll; 2 in x 36 yards!) for my masking, but I got some pretty iffy results, in my opinion.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Diana, you crack me up! Both of these are great, actually love the masculine version. Your stamping is flawless, and so is the masking. I always have trouble with any masking removable tape. I find washi turned in on itself works best. (Doesn't pull up the paper) And one more ps, LOVE that awesome button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're funny! You did two superb cards using the masking technique, Diana! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! (Read in a sing-songy voice, please!) Girl, both are great cards! Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Pat *sigh*! Both cards are great...but I really love your retro You're Super card!
    I love the colors and diagonal placement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your masking is great! Love the flowers and really really love the Super card! What a clever idea to use the fill-in stamps for the speech bubble this way!! I'm Case-ing this idea for my great-nephews, for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, no shock these are great! Love the gorgeously stamped blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both fabulous, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana, you are too sweet...regardless of what Pat says about you. : ) Your creations always have a fun and unique twist to them, and these are no exceptions. Guess I won't waste my money on the removable tape.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.