Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Papertrey Ink Release Week Fun


I'm playing along this month with Papertrey Ink's new Create Along With Us challenge. We're allowed to enter one project for a chance to win a $25 PTI gift certificate. I'm hoping to keep adding projects to this post throughout the week; that's the plan but we'll see if that Design Team is able to keep on inspiring me :)

I made a card this afternoon that was inspired by the layout of this card from Dawn McVey ...


and the colour palette of these cards from Maile Belles ...


Dawn's layout is so fresh and gorgeous and I love how Maile used such strong colours on Kraft cardstock, combined with black and white. So unique! And this is the card I made ...


I love the colours! The first card I made for the challenge was a CASE of one of Betsy Veldman's incredible cards ...


It's the first Halloween card I've ever made in my life. I don't even particularly like Halloween (except for putting together treat bags), never have, but that Betsy can do things like this to me, hehehe.


I've kept it somber and spooky, with a fun word added to the inside of the card.



Edited on Aug 13 2015 to add another card; not my fault that Design Team is so inspiring! This one is based on an Amy Sheffer layout ...


and a Danielle Flanders colour scheme ...


and here is my card ...



Supplies for Hello

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Kraft, True Black card
Stamps - PTI Autumn Pattern Pieces, Vintage Linens
Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow, Orange Zest, Scarlet Jewel, Autumn Rose, Summer Sunrise, Ripe Avocado
Dies - PTI Vintage Linens, Super Swoosh
Other -  MISTI, could never stamp that gingham pattern before her :)

Supplies for Happy Halloween

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, True Black, Summer Sunrise, Plum Pudding card
Ink - PTI Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Autumn Rose, Enchanted Evening
Dies - PTI Scene It: Skyscapes dies, Scene It: Everyday dies
Other - Silhouette Cameo for cutting "boo!"

Supplies for You've Been on my Mind

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White card
Stamps - PTI Nostalgic Notions, Bold Bouquet Anniversary, Snowflake Flurries; WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals
Ink - PTI Smokey Shadow, Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold, Soft Stone
Dies - Keep It Simple Frames
Other - Ranger Enamel Accents Black


15 comments:

  1. Awesome work Diana! Love both cards. Great take on Betsy Halloween card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first card is lovely. Your Halloweenie card is also cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both!!! Both are great takes on the originals. I definitely see the inspiration. And your ink blending is fantastic on the Halloween card (plus, it's PURPLE on the inside!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! What a line up of gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed at all the work (I mean FUN!!) you've put into these 3 cards! I love every one of them! Your Halloween card is especially cool and love the fun inside!! Great job on all of them Diana!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have really been inspired this week! What gorgeous cards!! Love the colour combo on your first one--neat to see how you've combined two card ideas into one. And, I may Case you on the Haloween card! My granddaughters love Haloween, but I'm not a fan, so don't like to do anything toooo Haloween-y, if you catch my drift... But that tree silhouette is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to add that I DO know how to spell Halloween! And also that I see that your Halloween card idea has been "duplicated" by Nichole today! Lol. See--you should be on the DT!

      Delete
  8. I especially love your first and last cards. The colors on both of those cards are so pretty and you have such a nice clean style. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh!!!! Wow these are all amazing! Love your Halloween card what a great idea to use what you already had and just change up the colors. I think we will all be Caseing that one

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, Diana, I love how you were inspired.
    All your cards are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diana, you truly were inspired, and your results are fabulous. Aren't you just amazed at the umpteen ways the DT uses the same products with such different results? Looks like you're on a roll so keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leaving another comment here to let you know I'm going to put a picture tutorial on my blog tomorrow of how I did the resist technique on the fall leaves I did for this challenge last week that you questioned me about. Wish I had the equipment and knowledge to make an actual video to show you how I made those leaves, but I think the pictures should help you out, so you can see how I achieved the look. Thank you too Diana for all the nice comments you always leave on my blog...I really do appreciate them!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all so gorgeous, Diana! Fabulous cards!
    I especially love your take on Betsy's card -- it was one of my favourites of hers, but I didn't want to buy those products.... I'm so glad you made one similar with the products I have! I will be CASing this for sure!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.