Monday, 3 August 2015

Summer Bouquet


The theme for this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Anything Goes and I'm dropping in to share a card that I made for it.

I've been playing around with my Papertrey Ink Vintage Linens stamp set ever since I got it but I hadn't yet made a card, mainly because my mojo seems to be missing this summer :) I've made loads of flowers - vellum, painted, coloured - all sorts. But the very first flowers I made, I just stamped, and for the life of me I can't figure out why I chose to stamp the outline in black (!!!!), but I did. Not very vintagey, but I was determined to use them anyway.

Inks used: Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers; Ranger Archival Jet Black; Fresh Ink Chamomile, Lemonade, Mango; PTI New Leaf
I started with an ink blended background (Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers) and added a die-cut PTI dotted frame and the die cut flowers and leaves. A stamped sentiment and I called it a day.

4 comments:

  1. A very sunshiney card. Love it. You"ve convinced me I need those dotty frames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. I totally see what you mean concerning about the Embroidered Frame fit. It made the card.
    Your Vintage linen flowers are beautiful.
    Mojo has returned!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.