Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Grateful

I'm playing along with this week's sketch, by Leigh Penner, over at the CASE(E) this Sketch blog ...


I'm feeling in an autumn kind of mood today, it's drizzling outside and, while still warm at 24℃, it'll be dropping down to a high of only 12℃ starting tomorrow and for the rest of the week. I made a super C&S card, though one that has lots of colour for me ...


I don't have any autumn leaf stamps or dies at all! I know a girl can't have everything, but I do plan on remedying this situation as soon as possible :) I used leaves from PTI's Vintage Linens, stamping them with Versamark onto black card die cuts and then embossing with some coloured powders. I ink blended my background, die cut my sentiment from it, and then pieced it back onto my card front.

Supplies:

Paper - PTI True Black and Stamper's Select White card
Stamps - PTI Vintage Linens
Inks - Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint & Black Soot Distress Inks; Versamark
Dies - PTI Wonderful Words, Vintage Linens
Other - American Crafts Red Glitter, Butter & Blush embossing powders

6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Diana! Love the colour and arrangement of leaves. Perfect bold sentiment to top it all! Thanks for joining us at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 3 degrees Celsius this morning! A very rude awakening indeed!
    I love your beautiful card, Diana! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the leaves you used are just right! Gosh this is beautiful. Diana! So I am guessing that will be cold? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you totally improvised with Vintage Lines leaves!
    They make a gorgeous fall card!
    AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, and I love that you turned non-autumn leaves into beautiful autumn leaves. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.