Saturday, 24 October 2015

Songbird Cluster

I'm playing along with Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge again this week. Lexi Daly is showing off her fabulous style and she's having us make cards with focal clusters. I know I don't have to say this, because it's obvious, but her cards were awesome. Here's just one of them ...


I love these challenges because they usually teach a great design principle and they force me to really think about my layout. I like that. It's good to learn something new. Here's what I came up with ...


It's a little bit unusual for a Christmas card, but I really like how it turned out. I ended up using a die cut Songbird even though I managed to stamp a perfectly good bird directly on my card base (with MISTI, of course). I just didn't like the colour combo that I used. By the by, this is the first time I've stamped a larger solid image with my PTI Tropical Teal ink pad and I can't believe how well it stamps! Perfect coverage.

Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White
Stamps - PTI Songbirds, Tremendous Treats, Bells & Boughs
Ink - PTI Smokey Shadow, Tropical Teal, Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst, Limeade Ice
Dies - PTI Sonbirds
Other - Miscellaneous black rhinestone

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Diana! I love how you split the sentiment/music! Very creative take on the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this ever cute!! I love how it turned out! The black stamps around the colourful bird is an excellent choice! Love how you've broken up the music notes/staff to frame him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful outcome - i love the pop of color with the black and white! and i do the same with die cuts if i change my mind on colors, haha! thanks so much for playing make it monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, your beautiful and bright songbird is perched so nicely on your curved musical notes. You coordinated your cluster beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very creative and lovely cluster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card Diana! I absolutely love the pop of color in your bird (which is colored beautifully by the way!!) against the more simple but striking black and white...love, love, love this card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool card Diana! Perfect in every way...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Diana! LOVE the SongBird sitting on the musical note too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet, Diana! Your colorful songbird pops against the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning! I love the music notes clustered around the songbird, Diana! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your cluster looks fabulous, great choice of colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. your songbird really pops on your pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diana, this is SO adorably sweet!
    Fabulous take on the MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Diana! Love your focal cluster....so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always forget to use the music notes from this set! I love how you did so! Very pretty!
    I noticed you haven't posted for while, Diana.... I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.