Saturday, 5 December 2015

I didn't want to do it

It's been quite the while since I last posted, but I've been busy. We moved to Florida for the winter and I got all caught up in my new life :) I'm loving it here, except the weather has been very very dreary for the last two weeks and there's no big improvement in sight. Pouting. I'm hoping that by the time family arrives for Christmas on the 17th we'll have some sunshine and beach weather for the littles. All I can do is hope.

I did manage to finish making my Christmas cards for this year, only one design though, but I haven't finished addressing the envelopes because, of course, I forgot the labels that I had printed out at home. That's so typical of me, sigh. Once they're mailed, I'll post the card design I chose.

I also managed to make a card for this week's Make It Monday, over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog, which is being hosted by Danielle Flanders. Ack! She's showing us how to add paint splatters to our projects. Just look at the gorgeous tags that she made!

 

After I had put my card together, I really didn't want to do it, oh no, not me. I liked my card just fine the way it was and wasn't anxious to potentially ruin it with splatters! But I did it and I actually like it so much better with the added detail. I practiced a bit on scratch paper and decided I was going bold, using the tap-tap method that Danielle demonstrated :)


Supplies:

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White card; American Craft red foil
Stamps - PTI Painted Poinsettias
Dies - PTI Painted Poinsettias, Christmas Cheer
Ink - PTI Vintage Jadeite, Hawaiian Shores, Pinefeather, Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice, Smokey Shadow

18 comments:

  1. Florida? Ugh, I wish I was in Florida and I can see how you would get caught up and be busy with your move. Your card is lovely! Your poinsettia really pops and I love the die cut Christmas and splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is just gorgeous! I love the splatters and that beautiful poinsettia! I hope you have a lovely Christmas and some sunny warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...the splatters add just a small but lovely touch to an already beautiful card! Love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your splatters!! It certainly is the perfect touch to your elegant, CAS card design. Awesome! Love the Jadeite leaves--I haven't used any of that colour, yet. (And jealous of your dreary weather... It's better than the torrential rain and windstorms we're having on the west coast right now--with another week of it forecast.) But I hope the sun comes out for you, soon! Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my cards--I liked the "Peace on Earth" sentiment the best, too. I wish...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Diana, this is gorgeous. I don't own those stamps or dues but they're on my wish list. The splatters really do finish your card perfectly. Sorry you forgot your labels and are having dreary weather in FL. It's pretty wet here in WA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Do you bring all of your craft supplies to Florida so you can craft through the winter?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wandering what happened to you. Glad to see you stamping again. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love that red foil paper! Glad you made a card, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card turned out so pretty! I love the look splattering adds and will be using it much more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana, that DID really spice up the card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the splatters with it! Love how they just adorn the corner of the card. Your card is amazing as always!!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you posting, Diana! I always love visiting your blog!
    Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I have to agree....I love what the splatters add to this gorgeous card! Wishing you and your littles :) lots and lots of sun for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your card is beautiful!!! Wishing you lots of sunshine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH, Diana, what a beauty this is!
    Love the pretty poinsettia & splatters.
    And, that "Christmas" die-cut is simply FABulous!

    Hope you had a wonderful & sunny Christmas.
    (We were in the 70s & 80s in Texas.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card! Love the red Christmas die !
    Hiw fun a move! Another bloggy friend Sue lives in Florida too!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.