Saturday, 26 December 2015

Papertrey Ink December 2015 Blog Hop

I cannot believe I'm posting this, but seemingly I have no pride left. I have been having such a hard time making cards here in Forida; I've completely lost any creative mojo that I ever owned and I'm thinking at this point that it's never coming back. Nevertheless, after trying several times over the last few days and coming up with absolutely nothing, I've decided to post this card anyway. It's for the December 2015 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. Nichole provided some awesome inspiration, but I just couldn't get into it ...


EDITED ON DECEMBER 28, 2015:

Oh my goodness, I was losing sleep over the ugly card that I posted. Couldn't stand it, tried my best to save it by picking it apart and coming up with this. Still absolutely NOT a favourite of mine, but at least I can live with it.

AFTER
BEFORE

Supplies:

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Pure Black, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse card
Stamps - PTI Fab Flakes, Spruce & Sprigs
Inks - PTI Scarlet Jewel, Simply Chartreuse; Versamark
Dies - PTI Fab Flakes, Spruce & Sprigs, Wet Paint
Other - clear sequins; SSS White Detail Embossing Powder

Now that that is over, I also wanted to share my Christmas card for 2015. I ended up only making one design, where I usually do five or six, but I'm okay with that. I got them in the mail, on time, and I'm happy about that.


The inside sentiment/message read "Peace on earth good will to men", which I thought was kind of appropriate given current world affairs.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. Mine was so blessed, filled with family and lots of laughter and joy. We created memories that I'll never forget :)

21 comments:

  1. Diana, it's gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is stunning! I love those embossed snowflakes on black paper, they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too hard on yourself Diana...I absolutely LOVE this! It's CAS and it's bold...love everything about it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're being way too hard on yourself, Diana! Your card for the blog hop is lovely -- I love how you paired the snowflakes with the sprigs -- the black and white looks fabulous! And your Christmas card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You got one up! Don't be so hard on yourself...it's pretty! Well proportioned and beautifully executed. Bra-VO!

    P.S. Love your Christmas card too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your entry is wonderful and elegant! your Christmas card that you sent is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous take on the inspiration...love all your details.
    Beautiful 2015 card! Love the fresh colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now what's wrong with your hop card? It's a standout in the lineup, and upon close look, my favorite. Beautiful, bold and full of richness! Sometimes, Diana, we're just too hard on ourselves. Your Christmas card is a beauty too. Soft and I agree, so needed at this time. Love the soft snowy embossed bg. And such pretty colors. Keep up the great work you do, we all love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed, you are way to hard on yourself. Your hop card is lovely. Very winter feeling, not Fla winter,though! ;)
    As to your Christmas card...gorgeous! Loved it when I received it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both cards, Diana! You may not feel the mojo, but the results say it's there. I adore the white snowflakes on the black cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Diana,

    I don't know why you did not like the card for the PTI blog hop, it is STUNNING and as Leigh says it is MY FAVORITE, and you shouldn't be so hard on yourself because you are an AWESOME ARTIST! This card should had been amongst the winners! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diana, your Blog Hop card is fabulous!! I especially love the white snowflakes embossed on black cardstock. And those, combined with Spruce and Sprigs, is a wonderful take on the inspiration photo! Love your Christmas card, too! (Perhaps you are just getting too much sun!??!) lol. Wishing you all the best in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also love this! It's so bright and vibrant. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh all three of your cards are gorgeous! I'm glad you decided to post these! It would have been a tragedy for them to have gone unseen :) You always do very beautiful work! Glad you had a nice Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog for my 10th Anniversary Celebration -- I really appreciate your sweet comments and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diana, I love both cards you made for the blog hop! Your holly wreath card is also very pretty! I like how you used the Winter Birds cover plate - would have never thought of that! Might be casing all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diana, I love both cards you made for the blog hop! Your holly wreath card is also very pretty! I like how you used the Winter Birds cover plate - would have never thought of that! Might be casing all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Diana, I love how the white, red, and green POP against the black. Beautifully done!
    All three cards are simply beautiful and striking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think both versions are so cool! The die cuts really stand out against the black cardstock!
    The second card is so lovely and soft! Love that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First of all I love your Christmas card!,,,
    You are too funny,I felt the same about my card,no time too tired but wanted to play!
    They are both beautiful the second one even more! Love the white with black!
    Glad you are settled in and we will see more of your creations again! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.