Sunday, 17 January 2016

Sugary Sweet

I'm playing along with Papertrey Ink's Create Along With Us challenge this month. It was just too tempting not to, what with all the beautiful butterflies and watercoloured flowers that we saw during release week. I made two (and a half cards) ...


The first one I made was influenced by the new Bold Blossoms watercolour paper and stamp set ...



I loved how Ashley coloured the paper, here. I was going for a sugary sweet look and coloured in my stamped Beautiful Brushstrokes images (Versafine Onyx Black) with a waterbrush and PTI reinkers (Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist and Lovely Lady, which I'm completely in love with as you will see on every single card I make from now on!). I finished off with a die cut xoxo (Lawn Fawn), cut from the same watercolour paper I used (Canson XL) and placed it on a strip of True Black card. The finished card front was mounted on a Lovely Lady card base.

My next card(s) was inspired by Nichole's gorgeous card using the new Butterfly Cover Plate, here (her first card on this day).  I love the way she shortened her card front to free her butterflies! I pulled out my Beautiful Butterflies, and Beautiful Butterflies Layers, sets and dies and came up with this ...

PTI Stamper's Select White, Lovely Lady card; Brushed Blooms sentiment; Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, Lovely Lady, Pure Poppy, Stormy Seas, Summer Sunrise, Terracotta Tile inks; Altenew Midnight Violet ink

When I finished stamping the panel I thought the butterflies were too dark, so I made another panel ...

PTI Stamper's Select White; Nostalgic Notions sentiment; Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz, Lovely Lady, Pure Poppy, Vintage Jadeite, Stormy Seas inks; Altenew Midnight Violet ink; washi tape

(I was really just enjoying playing around with my new inks - Stormy Seas, Jadeite and Lovely Lady). In the end, I decided I liked all the butterflies and made two cards with my stamped pieces.

16 comments:

  1. So pretty Diana! I especially love the first one. The flowers you created are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These are all so beautiful! I really should have purchased that brushstroke set. Gorgeous coloring and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful. Love all of your creations, Diana! I am definitely moving stamps on my Wish List around ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards and color choices, Diana. Worst part about looking at everyone's creations is wanting to own more products so I can CASE beautiful cards like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, Diana, what beautiful cards you've created! That first one is just SO adorably sweet! I love the pretty colors, fabulous design, stamping, & coloring. Beautifully done!

    I couldn't find the Beautiful Brushstroke flowers in the PTI store. I would love to know which flower stamps they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. They are both so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three are gorgeous! Love the soft sugary flowers and beautiful butterfly edges, Diana! Love that idea / design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana, thanks for the information. I sure wish PTI would at least bring back the Beautiful Brushstrokes flowers stamp set from that kit. (I don't usually buy kits.) You've certainly used it SO beautifully on your absolutely darling card. The black stamping & sweet coloring sure makes me smile.
    I had to come back to look at this beauty...again. ;-)
    Love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous on this bitter cold, nasty Kansas winter day! Love those flowers, too! Of course, the butterflies are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana, thanks for the information. I sure wish PTI would at least bring back the Beautiful Brushstrokes flowers stamp set from that kit. (I don't usually buy kits.) You've certainly used it SO beautifully on your absolutely darling card. The black stamping & sweet coloring sure makes me smile.
    I had to come back to look at this beauty...again. ;-)
    Love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops!
    I don't know "how" the multiple comments appeared.
    I suppose it means I really loved your cards. ";-)
    Happy crafting, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was so excited to visit your blog and see that you posted, Diana! I just love your work and find you so inspiring!
    These cards are lovely -- wonderful CASEs of the DT, but you made them your own!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Diana, for the Beautiful Brushstrokes information. I thought you'd get a laugh out of this: I had to actually Google what your "ISO" comment meant. LOL!

    I suppose I'll just have to accept the fact that I will never be able to create with this lovely stamp set. BUT...I just subscribed to your blog through email... so that I don't miss out on any of your beautiful creations. Happy crafting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are all gorgeous, Diana! Love how you colored the flowers. Love the big contrasting greeting.
    Thank you for visiting and comment!
    Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.