Friday, 19 February 2016

Customizing Patterned Paper

This week's Make It Monday, over at the Papertrey Ink blog, is being hosted by Lizzie Jones and she's showing us ways to cutomize our patterned papers. It's a really fun topic! Particularly for me because I don't use (or hoard) a lot of patterned papers. I just have problems with using it. It never seems to look right to me. But Lizzie's video talks about stamping on it, adding glitter or Glossy Accents - all kinds of things. And she made a smashing card ...


I started off doing something completely different than what I ended up with (isn't that always the way?). I thought I would just do some stamping on some patterned paper but then I kind of messed it up and I got the idea of stamping and then die cutting my paper. Here's what I made ...

 

and I really kind of like the way it turned out so whimsical. Very happy looking.

P.S. In case anyone has been noticing, I haven't been attaching all of my card fronts to card bases lately. It's just easier for me to store them this way until I'm ready to send them out. :) 

Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White & Lovely Lady card, MIM Kit: Shakers & Sprinkles patterned paper
Stamps - PTI Friendly Flowers
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Dies - PTI Noted

18 comments:

  1. I love this! Great color scheme and composition! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. completely delightful! Love the subtle color you added to the blooms. You're right, has a touch of whimsy. I hadn't noticed the card front idea until you mentioned it. But honestly? done it myself, many times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Diana!! Your colors are delightful together and your flowers are really unique looking, stamped in black with punches of vivid color!! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very whimsical and colorful. I will take a dozen by next Friday. They do need some purple,though! Smoochies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally whimsical and absolutely love it! Great card Diana!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, this is so striking! Love the bold flowers and the whimsy of your special touches! Fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love the black and pink combo! The flowers are stunning...simply beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that idea turned out really great! What fun flowers and a sweet card all together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An AMAZING card. It took me a minute to see what you did...VERY clever!!! I agree, black and pink go together like...
    Also smart of you to store card fronts separate.
    That hello die is one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so fun and pretty! I love your creative take on the challenge, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black, pink and white - one of my favorite color combos. You really did a wonderful job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your take on the challenge is so subtle, took a few to see all of it but what a darling card. I think pink with black is so chic too~

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great take on the challenge!! The colors are very striking and I love the pop of the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the black & white flowers with just touches of color & I have that set so have to try something like this! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those bits of color add so much to the black-and-white florals! Now I'm thinking it would be fun to stamp multi colors of polka dots on top of a black-and-white print. Your pink stripes (rays?) and hello look great with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is stunning, Diana! LOVE the color scheme and layered design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning Card, Diane and thanks for the Inspiration of the black flowers. I have this set too but never thought of black. I have to give it a try.

    My new crafty home:My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH, what an absolutely gorgeous card, Diana.
    You know I love it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.