Sunday, 14 February 2016

Happiest Time of the Year - Day 10

Boo hoo, we're at the last day of Papertrey Ink's anniversary celebrations. Today the amazingly gorgeous Painted Petals anniversary set was revealed and you can check it all out over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog.

Our challenge for today is called the Paper Crafting Alphabet. Each letter of the alphabet has a crafting task assigned to it and we're choosing based on the letters of our names. I decided to go all hog and attempt to use the letters in both my first and last names (insert shocked face).

D= add detail with a white pen or paper piercer
I= impression plate or some kind of dry embossing
A= add a borader
N= use a new product you've never used before
A= see above

K= use Kraft card
R= round at least one corner
E= use the emboss/resist technique
U= underline your sentiment
T= use twine
Z= zero ink
E= see above
R= see above

Wow, just wow. I did it ...



Not my favourite card, but I challenged myself and had fun. NBUS was the sentiment and it also fit my "underline your sentiment" task; dry embossing was with my Spellbinder petite oval dies (the scalloped frame I counted as a border as well). For the emboss/resist technique I used a Versamark glue pad (which is NOT ink) and embossed in white, painting in some pink with a Zig marker for the resist.

I've had so much fun over the last 10 days! Thank you PTI for always being a leader, for inspiring, for giving me beautiful things to look at. I really appreciate you. :)

Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft, Spring Moss, Sweet Blush card
Stamps - Graceful Greetings
Dies - PTI Nostalgic Notions, Songbirds; Spellbinders Petite Ovals
Other - The Twinery twine; Versamark; SSS Detail White embossing powder; Uniball Signo white gel pen; Zig Clean Color Real Brush marker #026 Light Pink; sequins

19 comments:

  1. This is lovely!! I cannot believe you did your whole name!! You ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! You must be an overachiever to tackle that many parameters... However....this is STUNNING! I absolutely love the colours together! Way to go, Diana :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Diana! Freakin' gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought using 6 suggestions was a lot, but you put me to shame. This card is soft and pretty. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow and just wow!!! I used the first 3 letters of my last name. You, amazing creator, used ALL your letters, of both first and last name, I'll say it again, WOW! PS it looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive and it's so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative, Diana. Love how this card turned out with all those letter suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana, I think this turned out awesome! The fact that you did your entire name makes it even awesomer! (Hee, love I could use that word.) I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...I'm impressed Diana! Not only fitting all those different challenges into one card, but having the card come out looking like it was all meant to be...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's wrong with you! This is amazing and everything looks perfect! I love this one! It was a fun celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I can't believe you used every letter in your name on one card! And did so beautifully I might add! This card is gorgeous in every way! Your cards are always some of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and you did a fantastic job of using all the letters in your name! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything you make is stunning! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE how you did the frame. wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.