Saturday, 13 February 2016

Happiest Time of the Year - Day 8


And the fun is still going on over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog! You really don't want to miss out on all the announcements and excitement of these anniversary celebrations, so make sure you pay her a visit.

For Day 8 we had a hilarious (for me anyway) colour challenge. There was a pdf file to download and print out; it was for a Color Pop Fortune Teller. You know, those little chinese cookie looking things you played with as a child. I don't have a printer in Florida, so I asked someone (Gina) on the PTI forum to do the flipping for me and she came out with this colour combo: Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy and Orange Zest. Fun! Nichole mentioned that we could flip a second time if we wanted to use an additional three colours on our project, so I made my own flipper and flipped this combo: Aqua Mist Royal Velvet and Berry Sorbet and decided to use all the colours on my card. I chose Ripe Avocado as my neutral, because in my world it's a brownish yellow, a very all-purpose colour that I happen to love. :)

I started by pulling out my much-loved Rosie Posie Stamp set because she'll be going on vacation very shortly (just as soon as Tulip Time arrives) so I wanted to spend some quality time with her. I watercoloured a background for my floral arrangement, using a PTI Aqua Mist reinker and a flat angled paintbrush. So easy! So far, not being an artist in any sense of the word, I'm enjoying colouring with inks the most - PTI dye inks and Tim Holtz distress inks. You can get fair results with no stress involved. :)




Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist card; Hobby Lobby Master's Touch Watercolor
Stamps - PTI Rosie Posie; Winnie & Walter The Big The Bold and The Happy
Inks - PTI Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Royal Velvet, Berry Sorbet, Ripe Avocado
Dies - PTI Rosie Posie, Branching Out

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Diana. Funny story about Rosie Posie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Can't believe Rosie Posie is going to be "shelved"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adieu petite pauvre,Rosie! Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! And I noticed your background right away--Awesome! I just knew you were a painter at heart :). Poor old Rosie Posie is getting shelved?!? Say it isn't so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly gorgeous! Rosie Posie is one of my all time favorites as well. She's dependable and reliable to make beautiful cards every time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, so pretty! Rosie Posie has always been a favorite of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is always clean, colorful and gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana, you sure made the pretty colors shine!
    Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.