Sunday, 14 February 2016

Happiest Time of the Year - Day 9


The festivities are almost over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog but we're still having fun this weekend. Make sure you check it out! Today's challenge was a pleasure to do :) Nichole asked us to make a thank you card and send it to PTI's warehouse staff. This was not a chore. I am more than happy to thank those who work so hard each month to make so many people so very happy. This will be going out to them first thing tomorrow morning ...



This was truly fun to make. Different for me, because I don't use cover plates very often. I cut a stencil of the Sunflower cover plate adhered it to my card panel and blended ink into the negative spaces with my Tim Holtz ink blending tool. Then I cut three new, white, cover plates and adhered them together with glue. I did some ink blending on the outline images and then carefully cut away the border of the frame. I took this cut piece and placed it over the stenciled panel. A sentiment, and the card was done. Except for some Wink of Stella which was addd to the centre of the sunflower and which almost ruined this card!!!! Me and The Wink do the get along with each other and that's all I'm saying.

Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White
Stamps - PTI Perfect Pairing
Inks - Canyon Clay, Ripe Avocado, Limeade Ice, Tropical Teal, Dark Chocolate, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile, Harvest Gold
Dies - PTI Cover Plate: Sunflower, Initial Thoughts
Other - Wink of Stella clear

5 comments:

  1. The coloring on this is wonderful! I'm sure the warehouse staff will be amazed when they receive this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Diana! You did a beautiful job! Your coloring is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly a beautiful card, Diana! I need to add this Sunflower CP to my Wish List~which is way longer than it should be ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's quite amazing!! I loved reading how you did this too. I might have to give it a try! Very very pretty card! So fun to see what all you did with the challenges Diana!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the colors here - amazing!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.