Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Happiest Time of the Year - Day Five

And the celebrations are still going on over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog with lots of prizes to be won! Day Five's assignment was a tricky one. We were challenged to create a card that features nine l-1/2" squares, each altered in a different way. All the squares were to be mounted onto a 5-1/2 x 5-1/2" square card base. I read it as we were to feature nine different techniques on our cards.

At first I thought this was the most funnest challenge I had ever participated in, but by noon (I got an early start in the morning) my joy was wearing off. It was hard! Embossing, debossing, stamping, watercolouring, ink blending (I tried things I didn't end up using) - it was hard work! The technique that had me whining and @%**@ the most was masking a sentiment. So simple, cover the part of the stamp that I didn't want with washi tape, ink up the stamp, remove the washi tape, stamp! Except, and you know it's coming, I FORGOT TO REMOVE THE WASHI TAPE AT LEAST FOUR TIMES IN A ROW AND I KID YOU NOT!!!!

Anywho, here is my sampler square card ...




17 comments:

  1. I love how strictly you adhered to the challenge and came up with a perfectly gorgeous card! I certainly hope you win one of the prizes because it is well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absoultly gorgeous! I love all the sweet blooms and all the hard work you put into this! Love it ,Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... forget to remove the tape... been there, done that! And somehow I therefore find your "bloomin'" (imagine a British accent) sentiment extremely fitting ;) Your card is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Just super detail in every one! I smiled when I read about the washi tape...been there, done that!!! Love that sentiment--wish I'd used it on my card, too. Where is that from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Diana! Love all of the pretty little blossoms. It was worth all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect. ;-) This is so lovely! Beautiful work, Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love.this.card! Truly, girl, you rocked it! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana, I hear you, sister ... happens here ALL the time - I've taken to cutting up more stamps because of it!!! Worth every millisecond of your time ... Gorgeous!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so charming and I love all the techniques you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You totally rocked this challenge! Like, totally.
    I wish my brain had seen it the way yours did!!!
    Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Diana, good on you for persevering and using a different technique on each square.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is amazing with all the techniques shown! Fantastic design, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable Diana! All your hard work and determination has clearly paid off with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, gorgeous Diana! Just finished mine so I know frustrating it could be. Totally worth it...yours is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.