Friday, 5 February 2016

Happiest Time of the Year - Day One



Today is finally here. I'm so excited that the anniversary celebrations are finally starting over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog! It seems like I've been waiting for months. It's Day One and Nichole announced the design team for the coming year and featured project favourites from each of them and our challenge is to make a project inspired by the colour scheme of one of them. I chose Heather Nichols' set of colours:


and made a Valentine card, since I still need two more for this year. Take that as a hint!  I'll be trying to fit one more Valentine card and three birthday cards into the anniversary challenges this year, just because I need them!


You will not be able to see this since I couldn't take a photo that showed it (what with the miserable weather we're having in Florida this winter and all), but I used my new Minc machine to add a foiled sentiment (Hugs) to my card! I stamped the sentiment (from PTI's Big Hugs stamp set) with Versamark onto my panel. Then I sprinkled it with copy machine toner powder, following the steps that Taheerah Atchia, an inspired cardmaker, shows here: Foiling a stamped image. I was so impressed with this technique that she invented ! When I saw the video I had to run straight out and buy a Minc! I could never see the need for a foiling machine if I couldn't use it with my stamps and her genius idea gave me a way to do that. I'm not saying that this machine is perfect. It has a learning curve, but the more I try the better results I get. Just pouting that I can't photo my bright and shiny red foiling :) Oh, and Heidi Swapp is coming out with new mediums for the Minc this spring (mist, paint and something else that I can't remember for the moment).

Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Kraft and Pure Poppy card; PTI Pure Poppy Striped patterned paper
Stamps - PTI Big Hugs, Keep it Simple: Valentine, Fresh Floral Wrap Ups
Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow, Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate ; Versamark
Other - copier toner powder, Minc machine, Therm O Web Deco Foil red

19 comments:

  1. Love your use of heather's combo! If I have time, that's the one I chose also. The bouquet looks sweet on the heart! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card. I do like shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, this is a just stunning! (BTW, I picked the same color recipe and stamp set for my card!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's how those flowers are arranged! Gorgeous, Diana!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Great take on Heather's card colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just beautiful!! It looks amazing on the kraft card stock! Really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally sweet card. Love the color and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is fabulous! I love the boldness of the colors on the kraft cardstock. That bouquet set is one that I wish I had gotten too. I've loved everything I've seen made using it. Gorgeous, gorgeous card Diana!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful and thank you for using our Deco Foil!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you pulled this card together, Diana! Will definitely be checking out the foil video.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.