Sunday, 7 February 2016

Happiest Time of the Year - Day Three

And the anniversary fun continues over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog. Today, a new series for the year, Tiny Town, was introduced and I think I'm in big trouble! Nichole is once again challenging us to make a card. Today's theme is "Grab & Craft". We have five minutes to gather all the supplies that we want/need to make a card. But whatever we grab, we have to use!

Since I am such a well organized person, this was not too difficult for me :) I knew I wanted to use a new-to-me set, Pedal Pusher, and that I needed a Valentine's Day card for DH. So I also grabbed my envelope of spare heart die cuts, a pre-embossed card front that I wanted to use before it got all worn out and tired looking, and some ink and cardstock. It's a good thing that she didn't say we only had five minutes to MAKE the card because then I would have been disqualified :)

I think DH will like this one, especially with that sweet little puppy in the basket ...



I'm having so much trouble taking photos of my cards here in Florida. I still haven't found that magic spot in the condo and my pics are either blasted and lacking details, like this embossing, or my whites are anything but white. Hmmmm. So annoying. But I digress. Hurry over to Nichole's blog and start participating! There are so many fabulous prizes to be won every day!

Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Hibiscus Burst; DCWV Foiled Vellum Stack
Stamps - PTI Pedal Pusher
Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Lovely Lady, Vintage Jadeite; Fresh Ink Grapefruit
Dies - PTI Pedal Pusher, Make It Market: Shakers & Sprinkles kit, Cover Plate: Stripes Diagonal, Heart Prints; MFT Fishtail Flags Stax
Other - glitter

17 comments:

  1. Ash, this is so sweet! Good idea to grab some prepared items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever Diana, I am organised too was wondering how to randomly chose items but it obviously isn't necessary. Love the sentiment, being bike riders it will suit me and my DH well too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your photo is amazing! The card is too!
    Pedal Pushers is an adorable set! I need to make some more cards with it.
    I love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, completely misunderstood the directions! No wonder everyone's card (but mine) look so good! Ha! Thought we only had 5 min. to DO the card! Oh well. At least I can look at Diana's card and love what I'm seeing! Your DH will adore this! Beautifully done! And what's wrong with the photos? they look super to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! I've had the Petal Pushers set on my wish list for the longest time, I love what you've done with it. Your gold heart vellum paper is the perfect backdrop for your focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute and just fabulously done, Diana! Now, I think I need that bike set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super card you've created Diana! I like what you did with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Diana! It's perfect for your sweet Valentine, I'm sure he will love it. The gold hearts BG is perfect behind the bicycle with that sweet puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Diana, this is just darling!! You have me wanting that bicycle set now too. Eeeep... I just can't keep up! The little puppy in the basket is so sweet too. Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable. A perfect valentine. And, I just love that puppy in the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card, Diana!! Wonderful layers and great stamping!! Your flowers and puppy in the bicycle basket and the glittery heart on the basket are great fun!! That set is new to me too, and waiting to be used. Thank you for the inspiration to use it for my sweetie pie!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diana, your card = perfection! After seeing this card, I'm putting the stamp set on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card, Diana. The colors are perfect. I am embarrassed to say that I have yet to ink up these Pedal Pusher images! You've made me want to go grab it right now. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely fabulous card and I know DH will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diana, this is SO adorably sweet!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.