Saturday, 6 February 2016

Happiest Time of the Year - Day Two

Happy Saturday everyone! I'm back again today for more Papertrey 9th Anniversary fun. Head on over to Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog for all the details. This morning she revealed the first product in this month's release - the cutest ever dress up doll collection from Betsy Veldman! For today's challenge she's asking us to create a project inspired by a piece of clothing/outfit from our closet or online clothing retailer.

This was kind of a no-brainer for me. Back in November, soon after arriving in Florida for the winter, I posted in the PTI Forum about a dress that I had bought because it reminded me of Papertrey Ink (it's also, no word of lie, the first thing that DH said to me when I arrived home with it!!). So that's what I used for my inspiration:

Very simple, inexpensive (downright cheap!) but I love it because the floral is at the bottom (front and back of the dress), away from my face. And it's black. My card is also super simple:


See? A real no-brainer. I first stamped my white flower die cuts in black ink and then repeated with Versamark so that I could clear emboss them. Next I watercoloured them with inks and a wet paintbrush. Easy peasy. A quick colour washed background on some watercolour paper (using my favourite of all inks, anywhere, PTI Smokey Shadow) and a sentiment added and my card was done.

Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, True Black; Artist's Loft watercolour paper
Stamps - PTI Vintage Linens, One Big Happy
Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow, Berry Sorbet, Fine Linen, Dark Chocolate; Versamark; Tim Holtz Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink; Memento Black Tuxedo
Dies - PTI One Big Happy; MFT Fishtail Flags Stax


23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress and an even gorgeouser card! ;) Truly, this card is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am in awe! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. smashing dress and fantastic card - actually the flowers in the dress reminded me of altenew's painted flower stamps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly, truly stunning... both the dress, and your recreation of it on paper!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! I want that dress!! haha! It's so cute! And the card looks exactly like it! Wow! That's amazing! Love the background on your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress Diana and WOW...I love your card!! I can totally see why you bought the dress and made the card...both are stunning!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana, this is just so stunning - the card and the dress! Wow, and how perfect to have a picture of your dress near Greta Garbo's image - very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on your dress. So pretty, the dress and the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful and love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dress Diana, your card is just the perfect compliment to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dress is GORGEOUS!!! So is your card!
    Love it. I used Vintage Linen, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done, Diana! Love the background, coloring, and splatter detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This challenge worked out perfectly for you Diana! That's a gorgeous dress and so is your card. You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful, Diana! The dress and the card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your PTI dress!! Your card too, and the designed closet!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous...and so is the dress. I can see how it reminds you of pti

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, Diana, I've run out of adjectives to describe all your beautiful creations. I love...love...love...your take on that darling dress. Perfect stamp set.

    I can't believe I only recently "noticed" that lovely Vintage Linens stamp set being used by so many DT members. I must have been on vacation when it was released. So, I just purchased it in February. You've used it SO beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, Diana, I've run out of adjectives to describe all your beautiful creations. I love...love...love...your take on that darling dress. Perfect stamp set.

    I can't believe I only recently "noticed" that lovely Vintage Linens stamp set being used by so many DT members. I must have been on vacation when it was released. So, I just purchased it in February. You've used it SO beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.