Sunday, 6 March 2016

Ombré Stenciled Backgrounds

I'm playing along with this week's Make It Monday, over at the Papertrey Ink blog, which is being hosted by the fabulous Betsy Veldman. This week she's encouraging us to play with ink blended ombré backgrounds and stencils. Do I really need to say anything about the card she made? I think not ...


Really? It's all in a day's work for her. I don't have the new stencils that Papertrey came out with this month but I still wanted to try my hand at the technique. I kinda went over to the dark side and tried a mixed media look :) But still cute. Hahaha.

 

I did my first realistic bird! And I wasn't even afraid at all! I used Distress Inks for my background ink blending, dropped some water on it, and then spattered some white ink for more texture.

Supplies


Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Vintage Cream (I have a real thing about stamping flowers on Vintage Cream; it just looks right to me)
Stamps - PTI Spring Woods (sentiment in from PTI also but it was pre-stamped and I can't remember where it's from)
Inks - PTI Enchanted Evening, Sweet Blush, Lovely Lady, Simply Chartreuse, Dark Chocolate, Smokey Shadow, Fresh Snow; Fresh Ink Blue Sage; Tim Holtz Distress Inks Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass
Dies - PTI Spring Woods, Cover Plate: Night Sky; SSS Chevron Pattern Full; MFT Fishtail Flags Stax

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, as are all of your cards. Your bird is beautiful. Stunning card, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I'm convinced I have to get the Spring Woods set. You bird, flowers and background go so well together. (I think Merci is from Global Greetings?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Diana, bird and all. No, I don't need Distress Inks!!! I have to keep telling myself that because I'm so tempted every time I see them used. There are do many other goodies I want also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a gorgeous card, Diana. LOVE the Spring Woods bird and flowers! Your background is lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! The blue background and the flowers in sweet blush, what a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeek!!!!!! I love this!!! Every wonderful detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana this looks amazing! Love your background and your new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana, thanks so much for your kind comment! Love your style. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so beautiful! Love the blues blending in the background!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.