Thursday, 7 April 2016

Colour Isolation

This week's Make it Monday, over at the Papertrey Ink blog, is being hosted by Ashley Newell-Cannon and it's all about "colour isolation". What, you say, is that? It's about black and white images with a pop of colour. Go on over and watch Ashley's video and you'll see what I mean.

She made a VERY cute card, using Soft Stone for her black/white background ...


I came up with this card ...



Can I just take a moment to tell you how much I love Make It Monday challenges? There are weeks when I think "not for me", but if I invest some time and thought, I'm almost always happy that I tried. I don't think I would ever have come up with this card without Ashley's tutorial.  At first I was all discouraged and thinking I didn't have the right stamps with me in Florida for this technique. I ended up having a very fun card making-session, and came up with four different cards. This is the only one that fits this challenge, but I really like it :)

I am also posting this card to this week's (CASE) this sketch! challenge, which just happens to work perfectly for this card!


Supplies

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White
Stamps - PTI Make It Market Kit: Beautiful Brushstrokes, Perfect Pairing (masked)
Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow, Ripe Avocado, Green Parakeet; Fresh Inks Pool, Blue Sage (I love using pigment inks for multi-step stamps)
Dies - PTI Market It Market Kit: Beautiful Brushstrokes, Building Blocks

26 comments:

  1. Hi Diana! Beautiful CAS card. So crisp and clean and that design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! You have a wonderful CAS style ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I would like to place an order, but we know how that goes! ;) Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clean take on the challenge, Diana. Love the square formed with rose buds and your color choice - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card and clever way to use the stamps from Beautiful Brushstrokes. Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is fabulous, Diana! I love your wonderful design, how you incorporated the technique and your super pretty take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you! I love MIM and the challenges they present. Your card is over the top great! I am impressed with the clever way you used that set! Beautiful card!!!!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the design and it´s still clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the design and it´s still clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card - perfect for this challenge! Now we want to see the other 3 cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely lovely card! Love the clean and simple design and the pop of blue against the black backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so pretty!! Just love the clean yet classy design of it. I was just needing to make some sympathy cards so just might have to use this as an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get outa here! I love your card and idea! Im with you I love MIM its, kinda like my me time no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally fabulous card, Diana! Love that pop of blue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card. Yes, you ALWAYS come up with a great card for the challenges.
    Your blue flower is really pretty. Lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diana, this is another winner! Your grid/collage of flowers is the perfect design for this technique. Agree with you about the MIMs taking me out of my comfort zone. Now if I could just remember some of these when I create for fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH, Diana, this is simply beautiful! I love the stamping, design & the pretty blue. FABULOUS take on the MIM & sketch. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card and such a neat design! I really like it =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. fab card- love the stamped pattern behind your blue flower

    ReplyDelete
  20. thud!! Diana!!! LOVE this card and am oh so happy to see it in the CTS gallery!!! I'm surely going to CASE this one ... hope you don't mind!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty card, Diana :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card, Diana!! Your feminine take is so clean and classic, sopretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your card, Diana!! Your feminine take is so clean and classic, sopretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful flowers and I love the arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I love your card! So glad you decided to give this a try! Really fun background! I wanted to thank you too for the comments you leave on my blog! I laughed so hard at the one yesterday about your DH, but honestly, I think that is the best compliment I have ever gotten!! Tell him I said thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very lovely! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.