Saturday, 16 April 2016

You can never have too many flowers



It has been an epic day and a half for me. I managed to make three (3!!!) cards in one play session and it didn't even take me forever. I managed only because I had some amazing inspiration. I'm playing along this weekend with both Papertrey Ink's Create Along With Us: April 2016 challenge (which you can find here, at Nichole Heady's blog, and also at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, where the theme this week is April Showers Bring May Flowers. Since I LOVE flowers, and birthday cakes, it wasn't difficult for me to decide that I simply had to participate :)

These are the PTI Design Team projects I chose to be inspired by ...


I made two cards and neither of my projects ended up looking like any of these beauties, but I definitely was influenced by them.


Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft. Luxe Gold. Stamps & Dies - PTI Make It Market Mini Kit: Color Pop Florals, Friendly Flowers; Lil Inkers Stitched Circles Inks - PTI Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Lavender Lady, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate

For this first PTI card, I started out trying to somewhat replicate Amy's faith card (#2), using my Color Pop Florals kit where she used the new Butterflies kit. I wanted to use a colour scheme similar to Danielle's (#1) dreamy choices.

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White. Stamps & Dies - PTI Just Desserts, Make It Market Kit: Tinsel &Tags, Cover Plate: Pretty Frame.  Ink - PTI Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Vintage Jadeite, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Smokey Shadow; Fresh Ink Sugar.


Believe it or not, I was influenced by burger cards for this cake project :) After seeing Amy's double cheese burger (#3),  I wanted to make a double high Just Desserts naked cake (I found out this week that's what this type of cake is called, hehehe). And I wanted to feature my cake in a pretty frame, just like Kay did (#4) with her awesome burger. So much fun!

Next I did a card especially for the Simon Says Monday Challenge, and it actually turned to be more like Amy's faith card than my first one did ...


Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White. Stamps & Dies - MFT Fall Florals; PTI Phase Play #6; Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles and Circles.  Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Shaded Lilac; PTI Sweet Blush, Lavender Lady, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, Smokey Shadow. Other - Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

It's so very simple, but I do like it. I did a little bit of ink blending with some Shaded Lilac Distress Ink, just to give a hint of extra colour.

18 comments:

  1. What great cards. I am drooling over the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, Diana! Love everything about each one! Great designs from your inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Diana, you really were inspired and on a roll. I'd call this an epic day also making three cards as beautiful as yours. I think my fav is your first one as love those unusual colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, your cards are fabulous. Love what you did with "Friendly Flowers" - love the colors you´ve uses and also the "Birthday Cake" card - just great.

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana, your cards are always delightful.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such beautiful cards Diana...thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Floral designs are my favorite - you really knocked those cards outta the park ��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! Love them all, especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards. All of them. I love the softiness and the less is better effect. The stitches are a cute touch. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Marzena

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three are lovely cards. The top one is actually quite stunning!
    I LOVE pink and brown together but rarely use them, why???
    Gorgeous Diana, but yours always are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic cards! Love the color pop flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely cards, Diana! That cake is making me hungry for cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my!!! That first one took my breath away! Wow! These are all amazing! Can't believe my burger card inspired that beautiful cake card! It's stunning! I am writing down that color combination on your first card so I can use that one day. I love it!! Gorgeous work on all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was smiling from ear to ear reading about which card/color combo inspired each of your beautiful creations! That is JUST how I create! Your first card is stunning, and I especially love the unusual color combo! The double high cake looks so yummy, and the frame sets it off so beautifully. And the simplicity of the last is elevated so perfectly by that touch of ink blending in the back. Stunning cards, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning cards, every one! Love the cake card, actually love them ALL. You are so creative, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, these are all gorgeous, Diana! I love your colour combos -- they're very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW...WOW...WOW...what gorgeous cards you've created, Diana. What beautiful stamping & fabulous designs. That first one is simply AMAZING! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Diana! I may be late in commenting on this post, but had to come over to tell you, well, WOW!!!
    Saw the first card on Kara's Friday Inspiration Pinterest page, (love her picks!), and thought 'who did that?!?!' Well, it was my friend Diana! Then saw the other 2 beauties, and completely blown away! 3 absolute beauties! We need to get you a paper crown! For sure you're 'Card Queen'!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.