Thursday, 12 May 2016

Happy Everything

I'm here for another Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge. Lizzie Jones is up this week and she's showing us how to get even more versatility out of our dies. She's having us ink blend through die cut masks. Her card is a showpiece ...


and I kind of got stuck on it. All I wanted to make was a heart card! But no, Lizzie had already chosen the best dies so I had to move on :( I tried all kinds of things and ended up with this ...



I used one of the frames in PTI's Fabulous Frames die set, cut a mask for my card front with it and ink blended through it to create a background for my sentiment. Next, I simply dressed my card up a little with some die cuts that I stamped using one of my favourite, older, techniques: plain old stamping. It seems that every challenge nowadays involves watercolouring and all kinds of other things that I'm not good at. Yes, I'm a grumpy old lady. That is all.

Supplies

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Sweet Blush
Stamps: PTI Embellished Elegance
Inks: PTI Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow, Berry Sorbet, Harvest Gold, Sweet Blush, Ocean Tides, Spring Moss
Dies: PTI Fabulous Frames, Embellished Elegance, Edgers #3

19 comments:

  1. grumpy or not you made a very pretty card! and, just so you know, my favourite technique is plain old stamping as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about grumpy? I do know you make me smile both with your words and your gorgeous cards :) This one is no exception - love it! Thank you for sharing your humor and your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Diana! I love it! Fabulous take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, even in a grumpy mood you make gorgeous cards! lol This technique is wonderful in that we can pull out some of our older dies to use. I love how you added the embellished flowers against the blended background - what a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I never got past the heart dies, but I'm glad you did! Love the inked frame you created! Gorgeous card, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the die you used! I was not thinking of the frames when I searched for a die to use! This is a wonderful idea and a way to make a very CAS card while you still get to use the "layer" of a frame! beautiful!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love plain old stamping best too Diana, and I think your card turned out just perfect! I love the blending you did on the frame (it's perfect for your sentiment!!) and your spray of flowers is just absolutely lovely! Beautiful, beautiful card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. I agree, we ARE stampers, aren't we. Let's do some stamping!
    The frame made a perfect background for your sentiment.
    As always, you nailed it's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore what you ended up with, Diana! I almost masked a frame myself...now I wish I had! This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card, Diana! That frame color is beautifully blended and those sweet flowers are perfect...no need to be grumpy about this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, grumpy, you managed to make a lovely card! Love the sentiment! And you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is exquisite! Never even thought of those frames! I also prefer plain old stamping but wouldn't consider your pretty die cuts plain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Diana, really lovely card!! I am a huge fan of plain old stamping myself, but you did quite a bit more than that!! Love your colors and compostion!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diana, this is beautiful. Thanks for the great idea to use the center of Fabulous Frames as a backdrop for the sentiment. The edger die really adds elegance to the entire beauty. Going to Pin this one for future reference. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh this is lovely! I haven't used that set in forever -- what a great idea to use them like a mask.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! Love the soft pink and that pretty edge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! That is absolutely stunning! Glad Lizzie had taken chosen the best dies and you had to move on! haha! You moved on just beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you used the Embellished Elegance dies here, sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.