Wednesday, 25 May 2016

I almost forgot the blog hop!

I've been seriously busy with (very uninteresting) tedious tasks this week and pretty much forgot that the Papertrey Ink May Blog Hop was today. I had nothing and scrambled all afternoon trying to come up with an idea - which is never easy when I'm in panic mode. And it's not as though the inspiration wasn't fabulous ...


In fact, I think this inspiration from Sarah Langtry is just about the bestest/prettiest one ever! But I struggled. I had frosty on my brain and came up with a very lame pastel Christmas card ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White; Stamps/Dies: PTI All Through The House and Tinsel & Tags (Limited Edition Make It Market Kits); Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders; Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles; Inks: PTI Sweet Blush, New Leaf, Pure Poppy Vintage Jadeite, Smokey Shadow; Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass; Other: Martha Stewart Chunky Glitter; Ruby Slippers Stickles; SSS Falling Snow Stencil; Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso  

which I really wasn't happy with. It just didn't do the inspiration justice.

EDITED: Revised this card because I couldn't live with the banner :) I went with something grey, like the inspiration piece, and because Merry Ho Ho Ho reminds me of one of my favourite Harry Connick Jr. Christmas songs, "It must've been 'ol Santa Claus" ...


I made another attempt, and while I am happier with this one, I really wish that I had planned ahead and given it my all :(

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White; Stamps: PTI Beautiful Brushstrokes (Limited Edition Make It Market kit), Big Hugs; SSS Watercolor Flowers; Inks: PTI Smokey Shadow, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Bright Buttercup, Amethyst Allure; Fresh Ink Sugar, Island, Mint, Blue Sage; Dies: PTI Big Hugs; Spellbinders Petite Ovals; Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles
And, P.S., of course the lightening is terrible now so I don't even have a decent photo to show. Just move along folks, there's only more whining to be had around here.  Sometimes life is just like that.

EDITED: I case'd myself and made another card exactly like this one, except completely different :) I think it's less blah now, but maybe overdone? Though I do like how my flower arrangement turned out to be heart-shaped, which I didn't do intentionally :)








21 comments:

  1. both cards are lovely and very inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, both cards are lovely. However, it is hot and humid today so the flowers seem to fit my mood. But, maybe I should like the Christmas one. See, you may whine, I flip-flop! Very nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like your Holiday Card! Very pretty in non traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are fabulous, Diana, and I can see how you were inspired. Check one more Chrismas card off your list so it's a win-win. Now back to your tedious tasks. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. And sometimes we are way too hard on ourselves in life, Diana! For a last minute effort, I think you did a fantastic job and you made TWO pretty cards for goodness sakes! Not lame AT ALL!! Now go write it on your calendar for next month on the 20TH so you have five days leeway, lol!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the Christmas card for sure! Beautiful created scene! The debossed scallop oval is fabulous framing those gorgeous flowers. Which set is that? Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a perfectionist and far too hard on yourself! I just love them both!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, stop whining! Both of these cards are FABULOUS!
    It sure looks like you were inspired! I don't see how you can come up with a gorgeous pink Christmas card in May!
    How can you think of Christmas looking at Popsicles? Different brains... Yours is far better!
    They are both incredible!
    Stop whining!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diana, you crack me up. ;)
    Your cards are both simply beautiful.
    Fabulous stamping & designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think both cards are so pretty! I really like the Christmas card. You've set yourself a too high bar(smile)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stop your whining Diana!! I have never seen you make a bad card yet. Both of these cards are absolutely fabulous! Go eat some chocolate, it will make you happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're both beautiful Diana! Glad you remembered just in time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are too funny! These are both absolutely amazing! I love that you chose to do a winter themed card from the very summery inspiration! And I just happen to love it! The second one is gorgeous, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously, how could you forget about the Blog Hop??? And for doing these two cards in "panic mode", I'm not buying it. Unless you work even better when you panic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so hard on yourself, Diana! Both of your cards are very pretty! I'm glad you could still participate in the hop -- I love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards, Diana!! I especially love the blend of soft colours in each of your flowers! Great design! (And so sorry to hear about your bent dies :(. Hopefully you will still be able to use them for awhile, yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes life happens, right? Your cards may not be your favorites but they show a lot of creativity! I especially like the second one with its oval frame and the soft pastels! I can't tell how many times in the past year that I've made a card at the last moment and also been disappointed in my self, my effort.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love both of these pastel beauties, Diana! The Christmas card is so pretty~of course I would like it cause I'm all about non-traditional colors :-) The Hugs card flower background is simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm afraid I have to agree with every one else too Diana...you're being waaaay too hard on yourself as both cards are just lovely and definitely fit the inspiration photo! And life does get in the way sometimes, so you just deal with it and come up with two beautiful cards!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You goof ball!! I love your funny posts where you "whine" and I love "A Cup of Cold Water" blogger's comment to you. You both made me laugh.

    I will have you know Diana K! pastel Christmas Cards are my favorite!! I love the soft and pretty look! The rooftop is stunning!!

    Everyone else said it best but I do understand how frustrating it is when you wanna do something spectacular! and keep finding the mojo is missing : ) Keep playing I love reading your posts each week!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.