Monday, 30 May 2016

Something Blue


Today I'm playing along with the latest Fusion Card Challenge: Something Blue. I couldn't resist 'cause I'm currently in love with navy blue. I ended up doing both the sketch and the photo, but I broke a colour rule along the way :) Does anyone else remember a certain little rhyme about "brown and blue will never do"? It also advised that "blue and green should never be seen, except with something in between". I first heard this when I was about 10 years old and I think it had something to do with fashion. I didn't believe it then, and I still don't!


Supplies:

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Dark Chocolate, Enchanted Evening
Stamps - MFT Fall Florals; PTI Just The Jar: Pint
Inks - Fresh Ink Pool, Blue Sage; Hero Arts Tide Pool; PTI Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening
Dies - MFT Fall Florals; PTI Just The Jar: Pint, Super Swoosh
Other - Pretty Pink Posh sequins

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this, Diana! It's so pretty and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely combination of blues ... and I think they look just awesome with brown ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard either of those sayings - and you've proven it is all bunk, Dianna!!! LOve that particular shade of chocolate brown - and think it would go with just about any other color beautifully! Your blue flowers would be beautiful in any garden, too!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of those "rules" either. But, I do know this is a lovely card. A winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't ever heard of that rhyme and I don't believe it either because blue and brown is one of my favorite color combos! You card is delicious!! I love that little jar of blue flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colors (haven't heard that little ditty before!) and the fun mix of die cut flora you placed in your little jar - thanks for joining us in the Fusion Card Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Love how you've interpreted the sketch - the use of the die-cut word is inspired! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.