Sunday, 8 May 2016

Watercoloured Card Sets



I'm back for another Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge. It's Melissa hosting this week and she's made up a gorgeous card set using a fun watercolour technique ...


She started off by blending ink onto her images, being careful to colour outside the lines :) She then added water and more colour and finished with all her special Melissa touches. I followed her technique pretty closely and came up with this set ...


The first thing I did was make up a pretty A2 sized stationery box from the download that was included in Betsy Veldman's latest Make It Market Kit: Don't Forget to Write. Unfortunately, it is completely sold out already :( Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I can't wait for it to get here. Anyhoo. In the meantime, I've been making boxes from the download. This pink/cream number influenced the design for my watercoloured card set ...




The only thing I did a bit differently was to add a light random layer of gesso over the painted images. I had first embossed the sentiments onto the card fronts.


P.S. After I took some of these photos, I decided to round the bottom corners on all three cards, in honour of Melissa :) and I actually think they look cuter.

Supplies

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White card bases; October Afternoon patterned papers; Canson XL watercolour paper

Stamps: PTI Doodlie-Do, Painted Petals

Ink:  PTI Limeade Ice, Green Parakeet, Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet, Smokey Shadow; Archival Jet Black; VersaMark

Other: Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso; SSS Clear Detail embossing powder; Prima flower

15 comments:

  1. Very lovely cards. I do like rounded corners and need to do it more often. Your box is so cute. Great set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are fabulous! I like be the addition of gesso.
    The box is gorgeous!
    This would be an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful cards Diana! I love the Doodlie-Do set you used too...so soft and pretty! And the matching box is the perfect finishing touch! Someone is definitely going to smile if you give this set away!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, Diana, you won! I'm not sure what, but I love the boxed set, so let's just say you won my heart! Sweetness and oh so pretty. That set is so mud h fun, always enjoy seeing it used. Also waiting for my set to arrive, so glad I ordered! Hugs and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, Diana! Love the images and soft coloring! The touches of gingham are delightful! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, what a lovely set of cards! I think I must get the Doodlie-Do stamps now. I have Don't Forget To Write but haven't had time to play with it yet. Your matching box is perfect with your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful set of cards you created, Diana! And, the matching box is the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Diana, you are on a roll. Your pink/cream box is adorable and coordinates so well with your card set. Why don't I own Doodlie-Do? Same reason I didn't order the sold-out Don't Forget To Write kit...lack of funds and don't want to come out of retirement to go to work. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow,and oh my goodness! Love this set of cards,Diana! I love the gorgeous box you made too with the cream ,pink and pretty flower! I've
    been making a few too, kinda helps with waiting for the kit, right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana, your cards are simply beautiful.
    Fabulous take on the MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your project, Diana!! Beautiful soft classic cards and a lovely box to put them in!! Really delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these are all so soft and beautiful! I love how adding the gesso over them really softened the look! Isn't that such a fun little box to make?! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.