Friday, 17 June 2016

Butterflies



I'm playing along with the current Create Along With Us challenge, over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog. The PTI Design Team's projects for the June new product release were amazing, which was so very unusual for them :) It was difficult to choose inspiration for this challenge because I loved all of it, but somehow I managed.

I chose this one from Kay Miller for my card, simply because I was blown away by her brave (for me) colour scape ...


I also love it for its bold pattern combos and super pretty design. This is what I came up with ...

Paper: PTI Fresh Snow Linen, Stamper's Select White, True Black. Stamps/Dies: PTI Make It Market Mini Kit: Color Pop Butterflies, Mehndi Medallions, Phrase Play #8, Building Blocks; MFT Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangles.  Ink: PTI Vintage Jadeite, Mint Julep, Tropical Teal, Amethyst Allure, Smokey Shadow; Hero Arts: Red Royal

I used the Make It Market Mini Color Pop Butterflies kit - I love these color pop kits! They are outrageously fun and easy to use and I think the results are always spectacular. It looks as though I've painted those butterflies! At least that's what DH thought I had done.

I first ink blended some Vintage Jadeite ink onto a couple of Fresh Snow Linen card panels.  Next I stamped two medallions from Mehndi Medallion (the most exotic stamps I have) on one of the panels and then cut it with a die from the MFT Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Stax. After placing all of my butterfly and sentiment elements, I adhered the completed card front to the full-size panel that I had ink blended previously, and my card was done. Without Kay's inspiration, I would never have come up with this on my own - and I love it! - so thanks to the DT for always inspiring.

I also made a little notecard using the Don't Forget To Write kit ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Enchanted Evening. Stamps/Dies: PTI limited edition Make It Market Kit: Don't Forget to Write, Tag Sale: Quilted. Inks: Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening, Lovely Lady, Pure Poppy, Fine Linen. Other: Heidi Swapp Minc Art Screen, Minc Reactive Screen Ink; Thermo-O-Web iCraft Deco Foil Pink Melon

If you enlarge the above photo, you can see that I used my Minc machine and a Heidi Swapp art screen to create my foiled sentiment. I was influenced by all of the scalloped goodies that were introduced by Betsy Veldman and by her fabulous projects with them ...


One of Danielle Flanders colour schemes, which was featured in the June 1st PTI Newsletter, also came into play ...


I love the little bouquets in this kit and Betsy has arranged things so that they're so easy to stamp. That woman thinks of everything!


15 comments:

  1. Diana, your card is exceptionally beautiful! I don't have either of the Color Pop kits, but you have me seriously reconsidering this situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Diana, you've done it again! How gorgeous and signature you, your butterfly card is. Fabulous mehndi stamps with the flighty butterflies. Love your card! And then, you continue to wow with the notecard. I loved that you foiled the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and fantastic note cards! Love the colors and the design...truly fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana you have just knocked this challenge out of the park!! Both of your cards are spectacular! I especially love the soft colors of your first card and the simple sweetness of BOTH cards! : )

    Bravo!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana I couldn't love your butterfly card more! Although, what you've done with the doily is pretty spectacular as well ... oh I love waking up to beauty!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, you are an AMAZING card maker!
    Every card you make is STUNNING!!!
    I LOVE them both. How you saw the butterfly design in Kay's card is beyond me, but it is awesome. Your note card is beautiful.
    WELL DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very pretty, Diana. Mendhi Medallions is a favorite of mine as you know! I seem to have trouble using blues, teals and aquas althought I love them so I don't know why. You inspire me to try those colors on some homework I have today for a class I am in. Love these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooh!!! That is beyond amazing Diana!! You have blown me away! You did that from my card?? I absolutely love your card! Now I want to go make one like yours! haha! The little note card is darling too! Really fun color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH, my... These are both truly gorgeous!! Love those butterflies flitting up your card (yes, it does look water coloured) and your square note card has a beautiful colour scheme and layout! Very creative, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again, your cards just blow me away. I love your cards, but that butterfly card is my fave. So, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is a stunner Diana - so pretty. I love the way you've layered those medallions as a background. The colours look wonderful together. The sweet notecard is lovely too - especially how you've framed the sentiment with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, Diana. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my...I'm in LOVE with your first card Diana! Absolutely love the colors you used and the butterflies and medalions are just perfect together!! Love your sweet little note card too with the foiled sentiment! You were definitely inspired this week and now I think I need to go CASE your card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the font and size of this thank you--is it a stamp? where did it come from??

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.