Wednesday, 8 June 2016

Shadowing With Copic Markers



For this week's Make It Monday challenge, over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog, Danielle Flanders is showing us how to use our markers to add a shadow effect to die cuts, or other things too, I'm assuming. Her card was beautiful and it's so fun to watch her work. She's calm and meticulous and everything she makes always turns out perfect. Just like all my projects :)

I ended up making two cards. On the first one I chose to shadow a stamped sentiment, using a Copic T1 Toner Gray marker for a very subtle effect ...

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White; Jillibean patterned paper. Stamps - PTI Painted Petals, Nostalgic Notions; Inks - PTI Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow; Fresh Ink Sugar, Grapefruit. Dies - PTI Painted Petals, Nostalgic Notions, Tipped Tops



For my second card, I shadowed a die cut with a BG000 Pale Aqua marker. Now I usually stack three layers for my word die cuts and a natural shadow is created, but this trick allows you to use a single layer word and get a nice shadow effect ...

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Vintage Cream, Enchanted Evening; Lawn Fawn patterned paper. Stamps - PTI Baker's Dozen, City Scene Sentiments. Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow; Memento Tuxedo Black. Dies - PTI Baker's Dozen, Party Trio. Other - Copic Markers; Tim Holtz Distress Stickleds Clear Rock Candy dry glitter


Did you notice that I sparkled up my cupcake? Glitter makes me happy. And did you also notice that I used patterned paper on both of my cards today? Yes, indeed, I did. I'm challenging myself to use it more often :)

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. Love that you used patterned paper. I love use PP and almost always use it! My fave (I must admit) is the cupcake card. The glitter is so sparkly! Love sparkles and cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Diana, WOW! Love both, seriously in love with the cupcakes. ( Why haven't I glittered cupcakes before?) Both with gorgeous shadowing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cards Diana! And yeah for you using DSP on both cards! I have stacks and stacks of it and rarely ever use it...grrrr!! Great shadowing on both cards too and lovely, lovely glitter on those yummy looking cupcakes! You rocked this challenge!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are wonderful, and your shadowing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are so beautiful! I lvoe the sparkly cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You knock every card out of the park with you designs! Love the way you used the scalloped edge on the first , the grouped cupcakes on the second and the sugary glitter on the last! Glitter makes me happy too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are super fabulous Diana! Love, love, love the cupcake card. I will have to case this one very soon. Many birthdays coming up. You are living in the wrong part of the country my dear if you prefer the hot weather. I see now why you like to travel down to Florida.

    Hugs - Rema

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are just wonderful. Isn't it funny how using a bit of pattern paper makes us smile?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect shadowing on both cards, Diana! The red scalloped edge looks great and love the sparkle on your cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana, your cards are lovely! Love the delicate shading on your first card and the colorful shading on the second. And oh the glitter - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! And yes, they are perfect, just like all your cards are! ;) Love the soft pink flower and patterned papers you've used, too. Perfect touch! Like you, I need to use more patterned paper. It's just sitting there on my shelf...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are great! Love the sparkle on the cupcake and that scallop bottom on the sending card. I need to challenge myself to use more patterned paper as well. I have a stash that needs reducing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are gorgeous...as usual...your shading is amazing!
    I love your Painted Petals flower! Soooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both amazing! I love the addition of the cute scallop on the first card and the clean look of the second one! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how fabulous both of these are! I love the shading you did and the soft colors you used! Beautiful take on the MIM challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.