Friday, 15 July 2016

Altenew July Inspiration Challenge - Weddings!


As soon as I saw the challenge over at the Altenew Blog for this month, I knew I wanted to play. I thought the inspiration colours would be so perfect for a charming country wedding theme. Alas, I have no weddings to go to this summer but that didn't stop me from making a card :)

I chose to use my most very simple Altenew stamp set, Daisy ...



(Sorry for the horrible photos. The weather is not cooperating this summer at all.)

For a $5 set, Daisy packs a big wow factor. I love these stamps and how you can make a single layer card so pretty with it. I'm still obsessed with my Minc machine (and new laser copier). I downloaded a sentiment from Heidi Swapp's site and think it works so well for a casual country wedding. I stamped a simple "Happy Wedding Day" on the inside (oops, forgot to photo). It's so very difficult to capture the fabulous effect that the foiled sentiment makes (Therm-o-Foil Craft Foil in Rose Gold), but trust me it's stunning but not overdone.

11 comments:

  1. lovely card Diana - just bought that set too and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning wedding card. I think I need those little Altenew flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said you were going to foil everything! But, I admit, that rose gold is softer, prettier! Absolutely love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Diana!!!
    And yes agreed, so difficult to capture the splendor of a foiled element ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dianna it is a gorgeous card ... perfect for a retro '60's' barefoot wedding I think! your foiling makes me yearn for the minc! Perfectly gorgeous ...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. As per usual, absolutely gorgeous!! You are inspiring me to pull out my Minc and do some experimenting!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty indeed! It really turned out so beautiful for a one layer card. I have the minc and just don't use it enough. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That is simply stunning! That sentiment is so pretty and those flowers... amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH, Diana, this is just SO pretty!
    I love the sweet flowers & the darling sentiment.
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.