Sunday, 24 July 2016

July 2016 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop

It's time for another Blog Hop challenge, over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink Blog. The year is just flying by and it will be Christmas before we know it. I need to get cracking! As if.

Our inspiration from Nichole this month is this lovely reading nook ...

Source Classy Clutter
Really pretty colours and so much pattern and texture in one small place, but it all seems to go together perfectly. I made three projects, as I often like to do ...


All three cards feature two PTI stamp/die sets, Nostalgic Notions and Don't Forget To Write, both of which were limited edition Betsy Veldman Make It Market Kits. The inspiration screamed the 1940/50's to me (though updated for today) so of course I immediately thought of Betsy. :) The only other PTI ingredient, besides ink and paper, is the Chevron Vertical Cover Plate, which I used as an embossing plate and which is the closest thing to Ikat that I own.  :)




On this card I couldn't help using my Minc machine again. The first thing that I noticed in the inspiration photo was the wallpaper with the long triangles. So I drew some up in Adobe Illustrator, printed it out and foiled it with some Pewter iCraft Deco Foil from Therm-O-Web.


It then took me just about forever to figure out what to do with it, hahaha, but then I remembered the tufted chair in the photo. P.S. I love this card! Fun, pretty challenge - the best kind.

Other Supplies (not mentioned previously)

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone, Aqua Mist card
Ink - PTI Berry Sorbet, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy, Soft Stone, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow; Fresh Ink Melon, Island, Pool
Dies - MFT Double Stitched Square STAX

26 comments:

  1. All 3 are absolutely gorgeous! You are minc gal, for sure. It does make lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all three cards, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific trio of cards! My fav is the 3rd one with its floral buttons in those triangle tufts! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are all so pretty and wonderful, Diana! I love how you were inspired by the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all three cards are just amazing!!! especially like the third one... so clever and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet cards, Diana! Congrats of being featured on Facebook, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried something similar on my first attempt. I didn't use it for the Blog Hop, but I sure did save it for another time...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! YAY for the FB shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love that you included our Deco Foil. That is a perfect way to use it on your card! Best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three of these are beautiful Diana, but I really, really like the last one! That background is so cool...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh good heavens these are amazing! I think you might be up for the next open spot on the design team! Seriously these are just gorgeous! The colors, the clean design, the flowers, the stamps you chose... I can't stop! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh good heavens indeed! What a compliment from Kay. I totally agree with her! I love all 3 of your cards, but my fave is the third one and I think you totally nailed the challenge with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All three of these are so fabulous. Great use of the colors. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these cards!! They are clean and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diana these cards are STUNNING!
    You amaze me with your graphic style.
    FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! All of your cards are amazing. What great style! Good job using your minc machine...mine sits...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep!! Ditto to what Kay Miller said. Your style is FRESH and Fabulous:))

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH, Diana, you ROCKED the inspiration photo!
    Your cards are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous trio of cards! I adore the foiled triangles!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, Diana, you've created three fabulous cards! You're getting too fancy for me designing graphics on the computer and then foiling your design. In my second life, I want to be a graphic designer. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! You went to town on the challenge! I love them all, but that last one is amazing! Love how graphic, yet soft it is.

    ReplyDelete
  22. And to think I almost missed all this amazing loveliness! Congrats on the shout out, you deserve it. Every piece, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are beautiful! (per usual!) Each one prettier than the last!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are all so beautiful! One of your cards here was highlighted over on Instagram on the Papertrey Ink page and as soon as I saw it I knew it was yours. I love how you added the foiling to your third card for the triangle pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing!!! Love, love these!!! They look store bought!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.