Tuesday, 19 July 2016

Spritzed Stamps

I'm playing along again this week, over at Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge. Melissa Phillips is showing us how to make pretty cards using spritzed stamps. The idea is to ink up your stamp and then spritz it with water before stamping down with it. It gives a sweet watercoloured effect.


Melissa recommends using watercolour paper for this technique so I tried on various brands of paper, but I just had too many problems stamping a sentiment. I gave up and used PTI Stamper's Select White card instead. You definitely get more movement, and the ink blends better on the watercolour paper, but I'm happy enough with my results. Please note that I rounded a corner in honour of Melissa. :)

My card first started off looking like this, but I thought I needed to add some pizazz - now I'm thinking I should have left it like it was!


Supplies:

Paper - PTI Stamper's Select White; October Afternoon patterned paper
Stamps - PTI Enclosed: Flower,  Embroidered Blooms, Doodlie-Do
Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow, Fine Linen, Bright Buttercup, Limeade Ice, New Leaf; Fresh Ink Chamomile
Other - Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen


18 comments:

  1. A very soft, pretty card. I think I may try this. And you used Stampers Select. Lovely effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Diana this stopped me in my tracks! I LOVE the extra pin striped paper peaking out from underneath:)) Your choice of stamps worked out so well!!
    I simply LOVE it:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are lovely, Diana! You make a one-layer card look so easy. Great spritzing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! My favorite is the first because that curved corner and the dp look so wonderful with that fabulous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you think adding that gorgeous stripe is a mistake, you are mistaken, Diana!!! OH how darling! Your spritzed water-color stamping looks great on the stamper's select ... did it bleed through at all?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the striped paper at the bottom, and the little curve is terrific! Did the water spritzing move a lot on the white CS? Your technique is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pretty...I like what you did with the patterned paper at the bottom...adds the best little somethin' somethin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love your wonderful take on the technique, Diana! When I stamp my sentiments on watercolour paper, I generally use the back of the paper, as it's smoother, but I also use my MISTI and stamp it multiple times to get a clear image.
    I love your beautiful card -- either way looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made a beautiful card, as usual!
    I think it turned out great! I use the back of my water color paper as well.
    It is a lot smoother! I never remember to round corners either...your looks so polished that way. It is perfect the way it is. Whatever you added was just the right touch.
    Perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, beautiful card Diana! And I love it with the striped DSP at the bottom (along with that lovely rounded corner!)and I love it just CAS too...both ways work for me! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. I didn't really care for my card and how it turned out but this is just beautiful! I do like the little piece of patterned paper on there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both of your cards and agree that the DSP makes a whole new look, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful, Diana! Love the soft colors and touch of pattern paper at the bottom. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is fabulous, Diana! Love the flower image you used for this spritzing technique and the PP at the bottom certainly adds the perfect finishing touch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way your card turned out,so pretty in soft yellow! I love this spritzing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diana, both cards are simply beautiful. I love the pretty colors & designs. The striped paper at the bottom is the perfect finishing touch.

    Happy SAF!!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.