Saturday, 2 July 2016

Stenciling with Texture Paste

I'm back again for another Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge. This week Ashley is showing us how to stencil with texture paste and reinkers. I've done this before, but I always first coloured my embossing paste with ink and then applied it to the stencil. Ashley is suggesting that it's actually easier to first stencil with the paste and then apply colour with a paint brush before removing the stencil. And you know what? She's right! I used way less reinker and paste this way. Here's the first card I made ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart. Stamps: PTI Petite Pots 2015 Anniversary set, Deck The Halls. Inks: PTI Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Sweet Blush, Smokey Shadow. Dies: PTI Birthday Style, Deck The Halls. Other: SSS Falling Snow Stencil; sequins

My second card uses a Tim Holtz woodgrain stencil and PTI's Petite Pots 2015 Anniversary set. I'm in a huge rush, in between baseball games, so I'll just post quickly ...



(Something is obviously wrong with my camera and it seems to be blurring everything at the bottom of my frames. Help!)

And here is my last card, not a favourite, but I tried. For this one I cut a flower stencil with my Silhouette Cameo and went from there. I first ink blended my card base and it impressed it with PTI's Mehndi Medallion Impression Plates. Maybe too much texture? Texture overload? I also added a glittered Sparkle word die cut for the sentiment ...



And I'm out the door! Thanks for the fun challenge, PTI!

10 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday card! YAY Emerik!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think all 3 are beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome cards, Diana! I couldn't pick a fave if I had to! Nice job with this fun technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Diana, you were on a roll making all three of these beauties! Such a soft and subtle birthday card, fun and lively Petite Pots and neat Sparkle card. Can't pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cards! Love the birthday balloon card with the sweet bow as an embellie cute! Also love the texture in your other cards! Great use of your Cameo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards. I learned a valuable lesson, from you!
    Using a smaller stencil works better. Smaller holes/narrow lines.
    Now I can see how you made it work so well.
    My butterfly had too big of diameter...
    I'll give it another try...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all your cards are wonderful, but my favorite is the first one! love the background you created with the MIM technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, all! Love the birthday card - so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all three cards! The texture paste is a wonderful addition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, these are all fabulous, Diana! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.